What's your favorite Christmas song[s]?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skyscanner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Sportsman's Paradise Northern Mi
I hate Christmas elevator music, but I love the traditional "O Holy Night" and the not so traditional "All I want for Christmas is you": the original by Vince Vance and the Valiants.
ss ><>

White Christmas I guess...I have a few old wind up victrola's and a few old 78 RPM Christmas tunes...Anyone remember when you used to go to Firestone and Goodyear and buy a pretty decent Christmas album each year? I got a few of them too....Blind

Michael W Smith's version of "Angels we have heard on high"

Also just about any of the Mannheim Steamroller stuff. Speaking of, anybody know where to find a copy of their "Silent Night" with the 9/11 narration "I was in the stairwell when...?" I seem to have misplaced mine.

White Christmas I guess...I have a few old wind up victrola's and a few old 78 RPM Christmas tunes...Anyone remember when you used to go to Firestone and Goodyear and buy a pretty decent Christmas album each year? I got a few of them too....Blind
W. T. Grants put out some fantastic albums. I believe I have them all. My mother worked at one for years. As for my Favorite Christmas Album I remember the Gene Autry Rudolph Album
imgres

I have those in my storage. You should like this commercial from my archives.

Last edited by a moderator:
If one has not checked out Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas Song (2007) album, it's really worth checking out.

My favorite is Do you hear what I hear by almost anybody. The trumpet edition and venessa williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney/Wings

This is my absolute favorite, too!

Of all Christmas songs, this one is the only one that really puts me in the mood! It souunds great, it is a great melody, it sort of tells a story and has a theme of it's own... unique and special. It feels warm and friendly and reminds me of the good times from Christmas' past. When I listen to it, I envision all these snapshots, just like a photo album in my mind. Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's house with all the cousins and uncles and aunts and nieces and nephews and the biggest doggone real Christmas tree with all the blue and white and red and yellow lights and the cookies and the ham and the turkey and green bean caserole with bacon and the sweet potatoes and homemade cranberry sauce and a table that was as big as a river barge and the little kids at their own table in the other room throwing macaroni and saying Grace and the smell of fresh, clean snow after dinner and watching the snow fall ever so slowly and gracefully underneath the streetlamp on the corner! And when it was all over, riding in the car half asleep with a full belly on the way home through a town covered in snow and hearing the tires softly rolling through the fresh snow, quietly and peacefully down the streets as if tip-toeing home as to not awaken anyone, but so in tune with the silence and the miracle of the season! There was no better time of my life then at Christmas as a child, a young kid and a teeanager then, or now.

Yeah, this is my favorite Christmas song of all time!

YouTube - Paul McCartney "Wonderful Christmas Time"

Gordy

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts