Whats up with MTV HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJ Matt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
To me, it makes almost no sense of a channel having an HD counterpart if they aren't going to show anything in HD. I don't watch MTV often, but to this day they haven't shown anything in HD. Does anyone have any info on what shows will go HD and when, if ever? :confused:

Maybe it was part of the deal with Viacom, add one add all their channels.

I realize that they do not have to remove these 3 video stations to add the three others, but they are worthless and should be removed anyway (mainly because I do not watch them :p, even though the PQ does look better than the SD version).

whats up with it, it's worthless. They should take it off and put up WGN (end rant).
Yeah, I agree, even though I already get WGN HD with the locals. :)
WGN needs to invest in some new equipment for HD though. During the Cubs game when the camera is moving or if they switch cameras there is digital blocking for a split second and its very annoying, but nevertheless the Cubs games still look good in HD on WGN.

And take off CMT and VH1 while they are at it and add Travel HD and FNC HD
Thats the same thing I was thinking. MTV, CMT and VH1 haven't aired jack in HD yet. They are worthless channels until they do have HD on them. They should get rid of them until they broadcast HD and add the channels you just mentioned. They could always add MTV HD, VH1 HD and CMT HD at a later date when those networks finally decide to put some HD programming on. FNC HD I wouldn't care for, but I would like Travel HD for sure.

It sure seems like FNC HD and Travel HD are the two most requested HD channels among DirecTV viewers. I would think something is in the works to get a deal done. My guess is they will be added sometime in mid or late September (just a guess and speculation).

I read MHD if changing to a new name and will focus on live concerts.. most likely MTV/VH1/CMT will start airing actual Hd at that point..

I've honestly wondered what the point was myself. I mean it's good to know it's there, but until MTV starts airing HD programs what's the point! When will MTV start showing HD programs. I mean lke was said earlier they will actually have an awards show and then you can see it on HD but only on MHD. WTF?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)