What's up with PoDunk ????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fredinva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Holy Geeeez,
I live in Podunk. I know we are in about the 130th ranked DMA.
We've got to be, we just got a Dollar General store last month!!!

WHY CAN'T I GET MY LOCAL CHANNELS IN HD FROM DISH?????
My neighbor gets locals via a large antenna and rotor atop a humongous
tower(100'). I shouldn't have to have a tower erected to get locals in HD, Dish should provide them, and the sooner the better.

Now where did I throw those gov't converter box coupons for my Admiral console TV???

Here's the problem.

Someone stole your dish when you weren't looking and used to cover their deer stand.

redneck_deerstand_2.jpg

Here's the problem.

Someone stole your dish when you weren't looking and used to cover their deer stand.

redneck_deerstand_2.jpg

I'm embarrassed for that guy. I don't have anything against legal hunting, but can't we at least give the animals a sporting chance? Someday 'hunters' will be able to use GoogleEarth to find deer, and for a payment of $19.95 via paypal be able to shoot them between the eyes with a laser from a decommissioned military satellite (notice how I cleverly brought satellites back into the discussion).

BTW, I grew up in PoDunk, it's nice to see a fellow PoDunkian on the board!

Holy Geeeez,
I live in Podunk. I know we are in about the 130th ranked DMA.
We've got to be, we just got a Dollar General store last month!!!

WHY CAN'T I GET MY LOCAL CHANNELS IN HD FROM DISH?????
My neighbor gets locals via a large antenna and rotor atop a humongous
tower(100'). I shouldn't have to have a tower erected to get locals in HD, Dish should provide them, and the sooner the better.

Now where did I throw those gov't converter box coupons for my Admiral console TV???
Howdy neighbor!!!
:hatsoff:

I'm embarrassed for that guy. I don't have anything against legal hunting, but can't we at least give the animals a sporting chance? Someday 'hunters' will be able to use GoogleEarth to find deer, and for a payment of $19.95 via paypal be able to shoot them between the eyes with a laser from a decommissioned military satellite (notice how I cleverly brought satellites back into the discussion).

BTW, I grew up in PoDunk, it's nice to see a fellow PoDunkian on the board!

For a few minutes, it was a reality:

Pantagraph.com | News | Virtual hunting triggering state bans

I am in Rochester, DMA 78 and I have not gotten them either. BTW has anyone figured out what is the largest market without LiL HD and what is the smallest DMA with LiL HD.

I'm not sure, but Indianapolis has to be up there. According to Wikipedia it's the 26th largest DMA based on the 2007-2008 Nielsen numbers. Indianapolis locals were promised a long time ago, and even uplinked at some point, but have since been removed.

Here's a link to the Wikipedia article with a list of the 210 largest DMAs and a map.

List of television stations in North America by media market - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

obviously there's some humor in this thread but a grain of truth as well.

There are a lot of people out there who can't get decent local stations even with an antenna. But what are they to do?

- subscribe to distant locals via allamericandirect
- put up that 100 foot mast and antenna, and hope there's not a lightning storm
- wait (hopefully "soon" dish will carry Podunk locals)
- move or "move" somewhere closer to civilization

Obviously there are advantages and disadvantages to living in the middle of nowhere. Whatever's important to you (TV for example, if that's your thing) should be part of the decision process of where you want to live.

Hey, I like this colored map!!!
List of television stations in North America by media market - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Once when I was in Colorado, I saw one just like it in an engineer's office.
I eventually got around to asking him what all the colored darts are for.

He replied, "if a blue dart hits a red DMA, no locals for awhile. If a yellow dart hits a green DMA, no locals for awhile. BUT, If a red dart hits a red DMA we think about puttin' up their HD locals!"

They got a good system, I guess.

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts