What's with all the "Off the Air" stuff

iKramerica

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
I searched but can't seem to find a direct answer.

The last few nights, late at night, channels are listed as "Off the Air" when they are still broadcasting, and last night, some channels WERE off the air, including Cartoon Network which had a Dish Logo and music.

What is going on?

EDIT: Answer- other thread says there were moving channels, but didn't mention that there were "Off The Air" messages and screens in the process.

turn your reciever off when its not in use, its possible that your epg wont update until you turn off the reciever, there are ways to also force a software download wich you may need to do.

what's weird is that my 522 recorded a show that I had previously setup even though it was listed as "off the air". Being as it recorded the rec'vr must have known what it was. Sounds like a new BUG to me. :eek:

Its listed off air as Dish is doing scheduled maintance to that channel, the maintance may or may not take the chanel off the air for a few moments, to be on the same side when they do this work they list the channel as being Off the Air.

Now that every channel is on the same encryp scheme dish has been shuffling channels around diffferent transponders to open up some room to move channels and add new ones :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)