What's With Nbc Recordings Freezing And Pixilating?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Am I the only one that has problems with recordings on NBC? They sometimes freeze and pixilate. It's only NBC and it isn't all the time, but it's really annoying. I live in southern Ky. Didn't want to call Direct, afraid they will want to send another receiver and I have to much on it to lose. It's a HR34 and it seems to be only late night shows I.e. Jimmy Fallen and SNL. Thanks.

There is a known issue with some NBC local stations and the HR34. If that's the problem you are seeing (difficult to know unless you find someone else in your area with the same issue) the only fix is to replace the HR34 with an HR44, and that is incredibly difficult to get DirecTV to agree to do.

It's like Russian roulette with some of these IRD's. Have you tried hooking up an AM21 to get OTA and see if the local station is doing the same thing? I am wondering if maybe the hard drive in the unit is going out and the only replacement for that would be to swap out the receiver.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the hard drive on these HR34's, they released it too soon when it was new, without taking their time for testing, Just to respond to the Hopper. I know it's not local broadcast issue related, since it's a known issue among HR34 owners, But not sure if Directv engineers know about this issue, unless they were sent reports.
But not everybody have this issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.