Whats wrong with my 622 signal loss.

Robdoggz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Stockton, Ca
Ok I have a single 622 on a dish 1000.2 I have not had any problems in the first 6 months since it was installed in January this year. Well the last 2 months I have had intermediate signal loss I live alone with my brother and we only watch tv at night after work. We have been having signal loss in swarms like it will work good for 2 weeks then suddenly one day we will have numerous signals losses making it unwatchable.

What happens is we watch say national geographic hd and get a signal loss screen we hit guide button it comes back instantly. It is not like a normal signal loss during rain. I even checked dish it looks the same as when it was installed not moved. I even went to the point dish screen in menu it shows a signal of 53 while watching signal it suddenly goes back to signal loss screen and I can not get back to menu its stuck on signal loss screen how is this if I was looking at the signal meter should it not just show 0 signal?? Seems to happen mostly on HD channels on both 110 and 129 according to when it says lost signal from xx satellite.

How can I figure this out or should I just call dish I have the home protection plan. This frustrates me as I just spent 2 weeks getting my moms dish fixed due to installers claiming no one was home her dish was acting up I though I was done dealing with dish installers and now mine is acting up. :(

Do you have an OTA antenna connected?
There is a known problem of a marginal OTA signal causing the lost signal screen to pop up even though the satellite signal is good.

You know what I searched and searched about the OTA problem you mentioned and guess what.. I went and selected the strongest signal channel and then selected a satellite channel and now no signal loss even in the current 30mph+ wind gust at the moment. I might just turn off the OTA anyways as I only vaguely use it to view the local weather channels.

Thanks for the help it was my brother who last tried to watch the local pbs station which has a weaker signal and cuts out. He changed channel to satellite channels but I guess it causes a problem so long as the last OTA channel tuned was a weak one? Oh well at least I got it working so far 1 hour watching tv not one signal loss opposed to one every 1-2 minutes last time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts