Whats your favorite console game?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
NCAA 06 is very well done but favorite all time in a volleyball game on nintendo with Sinjin Smith & Karch Kiraly. that and some good Hallucinogens in college would make the day go by quick.

not saying it was right just REALLY FUN!

Iceberg said:
Original one...complete with Mike himself :)

I'm with Iceberg on this one. I recently pulled my NES out of storage and have been playing Tysons Punch out. I love that game. :D

Guys, seriously, get with the times, you don't need your actual 20 year old NES to play NES games anymore...At your ages you'll hyperventilate blowing the dust out of those cartridges so they'll play...

Emulation has lost so much of it's bad stigma that even nintendo is embracing it. I can't wait to see what they're going to charge you to download a game like punchout, should be interesting, but that system is doomed a year before it comes out anyways...

Yesterday I decided to sign up for a subscription to Gamefly as I don't buy games all that much.

The last game I bought was NCAA Football 2006, and I bought it the day it came out. I've been playing the heck out of the Dynasty Mode, and currently I'm playing as Penn State. It's insanely addictive, like a football RPG. I love the recruiting part of the game. Right now it's the only game I've got in my library so I'm probably biased. :)

Personally, I think it jumped the shark about two years ago. The last good one, was NCAA 2004, but that's just me....

Purogamer said:
Guys, seriously, get with the times, you don't need your actual 20 year old NES to play NES games anymore...At your ages you'll hyperventilate blowing the dust out of those cartridges so they'll play...

nah.....

loving my NES, PS1 and Atari 2600 :)

I was just playing qbert a few weeks ago...on my xbox...and I can save anytime I want...so much easier...and comfortable...

College has been better than madden forever. Madden sucks...

I have to agree with iceberg, old school consoles are much more fun than emulation even if it does give you modern console conveniences such as save at any time. Its like having a 1970 chrysler 300 hurst that you went and dropped in a digital dash from ram chargers, its nice and all but just doesn't have the same feel as that white needle rising up across the dial.

Emulation allows you to run a software program on your computer that is not normaly compatible, its like running an apple software program on your windows computer or to put it into more basic terms its using an adapter plate to mount a ford 302 onto a chevy turbo 350 trans.

The Icer wrote:

“I'm old school Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!!”

I punched him out on it and many people didn’t believe me. Then they started calling me Mr. Nintendo.
There was another version which sucked (Butthead voice) after he got into trouble and I forget who the final boss was.

NBA JAM on SNES kicked butt!

My favorite is EA sports NCAA football.

Kaluyen wrote:

“It's the SNES version (Super Punch-Out!!) which I believe is post-Tyson, but I am not 100% sure on that...was contemplating renting it just to play it LOL”

Mike Tyson’s Punch Out was for the 8-bit NES system and the Punch Out franchise was out before and after Tyson. I had a lot of fun playing that franchise.

The best game ever is probably the 8-Bit NES version of The Legend of Zelda which was incredible for its time and the first game ever with a battery to save games instead of long pass-codes to continue games. The 2nd best game I ever played was Kid Icarus for NES.

Speaking of 8-bit I just loved Colecovision which blew away the Atari 2600. Mr. Do, Venture, Wargames and RBI Baseball with the sports controller!!!! Not to mention Turbo with the steering wheel controller and gas peddle. Colecovision was way beyond it’s time. As for the 2600… MEGAMANIA!!!!!

Roger said:
Speaking of 8-bit I just loved Colecovision which blew away the Atari 2600. Mr. Do, Venture, Wargames and RBI Baseball with the sports controller!!!! Not to mention Turbo with the steering wheel controller and gas peddle. Colecovision was way beyond it’s time. As for the 2600… MEGAMANIA!!!!!

I remember wishing I had one of these...just because Donkey Kong looked and played so close to the arcade version (as opposed to the Atari 2600 and Intellivision versions)....I used to go to the store with my mom just to sit and play games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts