korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
Beavis, Butt-Head Set for MTV Promo Blitz

By Joel Meyer -- Broadcasting & Cable, 11/1/2005 3:46:00 PM

MTV is ready to light a fire beneath Beavis and Butt-Head. Plugging a new DVD collection, the animated characters will appear in a new special set to run on MTV and MTV2.

The 30-minute Beavis and Butt-Head’s Decade of Power will premiere on MTV2 on Nov. 5 at 4 p.m. ET. The special will run on MTV the following night at 11:30 p.m.

The special is hosted by, of all people, Star Wars franchise alumnus and malt liquor pitchman Billy Dee Williams.

Decade of Power is a mock infomercial in which Williams chats with Beavis and Butt-Head as “they use their inimitable charisma to sell their DVD,” according to an MTV press release.

The DVD set, Beavis and Butt-Head: The Mike Judge Collection, Vol. 1, will be released on Nov. 8. The set anthologizes the series that ran from 1993-1997 on MTV. It featured the adventures of two heavy-metal losers who watch music videos and get themselves into heaps of trouble.

As part of the DVD promotion, past episodes of the series and the 1996 movie Beavis and Butt-Head Do America will run on MTV2 starting at 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 4.

Interactive components of the promotion include a telephone call-in system that uses voice-activation technology (so fans can “speak” to Beavis and Butt-Head) and special content posted on MTV.com and broadband channel MTV Overdrive.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6280318.html?display=Breaking+News

the bad thing about the dvd coming out is that it most likely will not include the videos. that was some of the funniest part of the shows.

I can't say I was a huge fan I liked the show part a lot but wasn't crazy about them switching to the music videos I think it should have been more just a show like South Park is.

Wow you guys are uninformed...

There was a 3 DVD set that came out a few years ago...sans videos...

The new DVD is 14 episodes that Mike Judge picked, and it has 11 videos on it. There were at least 2 videos in every episode so they won't all make it, I assume only the really funny ones made the cut...B&B without the videos isn't nearly as good as B&B with the videos. Some were lame, but some were far more funny than the actual episode...

You can't have missed B&B because it has been, still is, and probably will continue to be aired daily on mtv2. Hell I see it's on comedy central now, 7pm tonight was the bungholio halloween special, and it's on again tomorrow at 7pm and probably daily but I'm not about to check...

The B&B special mentioned in this thread replays pretty much all day on mtv2 on the 5th...It's either the movie, the special, or normal episodes...

Remember the days when they were on MTV (not 2) and they had the 6 or 8 hour Moronathons ????? Those were great to record off VHS.

I record them on MTV2 nowadays and have aprox 100 episodes fully edited with music videos. problem is that they keep on repeating them quite frequently.

I record them with a standalone DVD recorder, dump them into my 400GB HDD, fully edit out the commercials using TMPGEncDVDAuthor and make chapters that go from cartoon to the next music video and so forth.

I've been able to fit around 25-35 episodes per DVD and never been happier.
I also have the complete Time Life 6 DVD disc collection and the 2 Disc Set that was pulled off the shelves that same week, aka History of B&B.

I've been a fan since they began in the early 90's.. the only thing i cannot find are the tons of VHS tapes that I had back then. :(

Looking forward to the upcoming 3 Disc realease from Mike Judge next week.

1 Disc is episodes, 2nd disc is interviews/videos, 3rd disc is unknown...

Strange setup, so it'll be just like the time life set, no videos in the episodes, which sucks.

I still watch it all the time on mtv2 overnight and they do stick some new (rare might be the better word) episodes in between the usual "butthead choking" and "Todd on the couch" episodes...not complaining though, I could watch them make ZZ top beards, say "Damn I'm smooth" every day for the rest of my life...

The best part are the cheesy music videos and how they make fun of them...
The episodes w/o videos suck, hehe hehe hehe.

The rare and banned episodes are cool, like Way Down Mexico when they get high after swallowing pills making their way back from Mexico into the US. :D

korsjs said:
i don't think i have seen the mexico one.

Was very funny but I don't blame MTV for banning it.

Another that was shown very little was Washing the Dog, as you can tell.. the title says it all. :D

pro-96 said:
Was very funny but I don't blame MTV for banning it.

Another that was shown very little was Washing the Dog, as you can tell.. the title says it all. :D

i think i saw that one. i like the great cornholio

Since I use Netflix, I have the upcoming Mike Judge's 3-Disc DVD on cue for next week. If I like what I see, then I will purchase it. :D

I don't think it'll be worth it, but i'll await reviews. The videos are seperated so I don't see what this is besides more of the same from the time-life set...

It's good to also see B&B episodes on Comedy Central at 7pm eastern / 4pm pacific. 2 episodes with the music videos :D

Now I have to program my stand alone DVD recorder to record from both MTV2 and Comedy Central, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)