for all the bevis and butt head fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing, even though comedy central is in house with mtv, were they when the B&B was originally on? I don't see how they can just move it to CC without needing new contracts. Putting them on DVD should require the same contract as putting it on another channel, even if it's owned by the same company. MTV makes their own DVD's...

If they can put music videos on CC, they should put them on DVD and make the episodes as they are intended.

Did I hear the TV ad correctly when they said that 14 un-aired episodes are on it? If so then it's well worth it. Let me know.

Netflix just emailed me that my B&B 3 DVDs were shipped today.. :D

It's 14 episodes never on DVD I believe. So while 26 of the episodes you'll already have seen on DVD, 14 of them will be new. I'm sure none of them are ones we haven't seen before, just not on DVD...

Purogamer said:
It's 14 episodes never on DVD I believe. So while 26 of the episodes you'll already have seen on DVD, 14 of them will be new. I'm sure none of them are ones we haven't seen before, just not on DVD...

Correct! I saw the commercial again.

Man I miss that show. I'd love to see them make another movie. I think they'd be surprised how well it'd do. My wife can't understand how I can sit through an episode and laugh my ass off the whole time at it, but then there are very few women who like the show I think. I may have to check out the DVD set.

Mhemm mhemm, this is gonna be cool. :D

Received DVD1 and DVD2 from Netflix.. DVD3 did not arrive, and scheduled for Thursday the 10th. :mad:

Non of the music videos appear on 1 & 2, so it looks like DVD3 has the videos, wont confirm until tomorrow when it arrives in my mailbox.

Here are a few snap shots of the menu's, for those corholio's interested. :D

Attachments

• dvd1_bb_menu.jpg
    dvd1_bb_menu.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 81
  • dvd2_bb_episodes2.jpg
    dvd2_bb_episodes2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 105
  • dvd2_bb_episodes.jpg
    dvd2_bb_episodes.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 91
  • dvd2_bb_menu.jpg
    dvd2_bb_menu.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 85
  • dvd1_bb_episodes2.jpg
    dvd1_bb_episodes2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 100
  • dvd1_bb_episodes.jpg
    dvd1_bb_episodes.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 102
Yes the videos are seperate but I thought they were on disc 2, they must be on disc 3.

Reminds me of the B&B videogame where they play with gwar at the end...man the 90's were awesome...

I've been watching the episodes air on Comedy Central as well, it's been sweet. B&B is one of the reason why I like having MTV2 as well :)

Here's the menu from DVD3, which mainly contains all the extra stuff like Videos, promos, etc.

Attachments

• BEAVIS_BUTTHEAD_VOL1_D3-0.jpg
    BEAVIS_BUTTHEAD_VOL1_D3-0.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 97
  • BEAVIS_BUTTHEAD_VOL1_D3-1.jpg
    BEAVIS_BUTTHEAD_VOL1_D3-1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 102
Well of course they'd have to, otherwise what's the point? I remember the pantera one "Aw, what's the matter pantera, is daddy's little girl gonna cry??", but some of the rest i don't recognize by name. I know i've seen them though...Kinda surprised the janet jackson video didn't make it where beavis humps the couch (it's in the commercial...), or the madonna one where beavis sings, or the PLANT MAN video, that should have made it for sure...

korsjs said:
does the vidos have their commentary in it?

Videos with BB commentaries as usual. Videos are complete with no episodes in between. Kinda funky but it's ok by me.

According to Mike Judge, this is the first set of three. So let's see what # 2 and #3 have to offer.

Here are more snap shots of the actual videos and the DVD media itself.

Attachments

• 300GB-0.jpg
    300GB-0.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 300GB-1.jpg
    300GB-1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 80
  • beavis collection.jpg
    beavis collection.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 87
I have gone thru the whole 3 DVDs and in my honest opinion it could of been better.

Disc 1 and Disc 2 contain nothing but the episodes w/o the music videos. Quality is superb, but lack the funny comments when they watch the videos.

Disc 3 has the music videos, and some extras that the Banned DVD had.

I give this Part 1 set a 6+, hopefully Mike Judge will make Part 2 and 3 better. :confused:

Mike Judge if you are reading this (you never know) please release the future sets with the episodes having the music videos in between, just like they were back on MTV and how they are currently on MTV2.

I'm kinda glad that I did not purchase this set, and I thank Netflix for that. :yes

Of course, that's just my opinion.. anyone else played with this set yet?

pro96 said:
I have gone thru the whole 3 DVDs and in my honest opinion it could of been better.

Disc 1 and Disc 2 contain nothing but the episodes w/o the music videos. Quality is superb, but lack the funny comments when they watch the videos.

Disc 3 has the music videos, and some extras that the Banned DVD had.

I give this Part 1 set a 6+, hopefully Mike Judge will make Part 2 and 3 better. :confused:

Mike Judge if you are reading this (you never know) please release the future sets with the episodes having the music videos in between, just like they were back on MTV and how they are currently on MTV2.

I'm kinda glad that I did not purchase this set, and I thank Netflix for that. :yes

Of course, that's just my opinion.. anyone else played with this set yet?
you said what i would say. the originals were the best. i agree 100 percent with your post.

korsjs said:
you said what i would say. the originals were the best. i agree 100 percent with your post.

Yeap.. so looks like I will continue to record from MTV2 and Comedy Central.

BTW: Tonight on MTV2 they will have a 6hr Moronathon of pure BB with music videos :yes , so you might want to check that out pal.

http://tv.yahoo.com/tvpdb?d=tvs&id=166032294&channels=us_MTV2&lineup=us_DITV803&.intl=us

That link is for Pacific Standard Time which starts for me at 9pm to 3am. So adjust your local time accordingly. :D

Guys, they ALWAYS play B&B...CONSTANTLY...it's nothing new, really. You don't even have to record them, they'll replay. I used to record them too but then I realized they're always on and have deleted them.

Considering what dick's mtv is in regards to it's content, i would imagine they can't just take the episodes and put them on DVD in their original form. I actually give mike judge a round of applause for getting some videos on there in some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)