[Other Topic] Whats your favorite radio station and why?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
WTOP! I don't know how I ever lived without 24/7 news radio.

I wish there was a rock station worth listening to around here. WBIG is a very short classic rock playlist that is played to death, WWDC is alternative, which doesn't do anything for me at all, and WIYY in Baltimore is just confused, airing seemingly everything. I really like Active Rock, which I had in Tennessee, but no such animal here in DC!

- Trip

Duluth really has crappy variety

mainly listen to either KQ95 (KQDS 94.9) Classic Rock or sister station 94X (K231BI 94.1......The main station, KZIO-FM which operates at 104.3 MHz, is based in Two Harbors, Minnesota — its moniker is derived from its Duluth translator (low-power rebroadcaster), K231BI which operates at 94.1 FM. 104.3 FM can be heard in Duluth, though its signal is spotty)

The issue with Duluth is inter-modulation due to the terrain so out of market stations are hard to get.

The Current KCMP Minneapolis-St Paul Alternative listener-supported radio
Any good C-band system with a PLL C-band LNB working at 25 KHz or better CAN be made to pick this up,
along with Minnesota Public Radio classical and news networks with the Manhattan RS-1933 and some other
better MPEG-4 free-to-air receivers.

If you have an old 4DTV or Star Choice receiver not used for anything else, I might also suggest CKUA from
Edmonton/Calgary. Alberta provincial listener-supported radio.

Both of these stations have an incredible variety of music, and are also available on the Internet.

PLR is a great station. It's got a great signal that I can pull in all the way up here in Ma. They were really great was I was growing up, and I've been listening to them a lot again lately. I also like 104.1 WMRQ....
With the death of WCCC I have switched to PLR. It seems that they have soften a bit on their classic rock and thrown in a few more modern tunes.

My favorite is 103.5 WHLM-FM in central Pennsylvania - Great classic rock station playing 60's, 70's and 80's! They also have a nice show on Saturdays called "A Magical Mystery Tour with The Beatles" airing 2 hours of Beatles songs, rarities, solo work and some interesting extras too. Very listener oriented and always willing to hear your comments or suggestions. (Not to be confused with the old 106.5 WHLM which is now WFYY 106.5 playing hot adult contemporary)

here in Duluth its either 94X or KQ95 (owned by same folks)

94X is good hard rock
KQ95 is classic rock but they play some new stuff. (unlike 92KQRS in Minneapolis that has had the same play list for 25 years)

Many classic rock stations are now beginning to implement some 90s alternative. WYSP was one of the first, before CBS (in their continued effort to kill Rock radio) switched it to sports talk. Here in Boston, WZLX is doing it as well. Their ratings have gone up, but they claim top have revolutionized it, where clearly they weren't the first. Just as Mix 104.1 (WBMX) claims top have broke U2 in America, where the old WBCN did on 104.1, but BCN didn't become Mix. Mix moved from 98.5 to 104.1 and displaced, BCN. So that's another lie from a CBS owned station.

WRIF had changed over the years not for the best as all radio over the FM dial has Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

WRIF owns WCSX in Detroit to eliminate competition between stations WRIF does not play very much Classic Rock. I wish WABX was still around

Cincinnati radio blows giant bananas! My radio is nearly permanently tuned to WXVU (NPR/Talk Radio) or WGUC (Classical Radio).
This is what happens when two or three companies own most all the stations.

Either rock/Alternative Radi like K-SHE 95 or THe Point here in Missouri when I listen to local radio stations but mostly the other outlets for music!! :)

Being a classical music lover, my favorite radio station is Classic FM in London. I stream U.S. and international stations both at home (via Roku Soundbridge and IPad/TuneIin Radio) and in my car (via IPhone/TuneIn Radio).

I look forward to the day when all cars will seamlessly integrate a streaming international radio station app with their radio/media controls allowing hands-free changing of stations with display of music art and descriptive text on the car's navigation screen .

KISV Hot 94.1 Bakersfield, CA. Hip hop plus Art Laboe 10pm-mid PT. Winamp stream http://ice6.securenetsystems.net/KISV

Jackdemcak, so you mean a car stereo where you enter the stream address like provisioning.streamtheworld.com or an M3U or PLS file? Or even read PLS or M3U files off a USB Stick?

Other stations: XHRM San Diego and KMGV 97.9 Fresno. Jammin' Oldies. You'll need to find the streams to listen.

Last edited:
WINS 1010 all news from NYC because of their continuous news, and that they have an old teletype clacking away ( probably just a sound effect) in the background late at night.

Reactions: Annie61
C'mon all you dyed-in-the-wool AM'ers, let's hear from you.
upload_2015-7-17_6-42-32.jpeg

Now that I moved its real easy

KKIN 94.3 classic country. Or when they have the Twins on (they are an affiliate) it's AM 800 wval in St Cloud

Still have a KQ station too. 95.9

More and more FM stations in my area are phasing out my personal choices. Lately, when I'm not using my Dish receiver or in my car that has XM, I find myself streaming RadioBDC out of Boston or Indie 103.1 out of Los Angeles. I am also an avid listener of anything from Jazz and the Blues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts