What's your local Bandwidth?

papato6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
Kansas
I'd like to start a query of Suddenlink broadband users. I know that Suddenlink has different speeds in each City (town) they are in. My guess it has a lot to do with the local competition. I live in Paola, KS and our top speed is 3meg. My sister lives in Pineville, LA and her top speed was 8meg a year ago when I was there last. What is your current available speed and where do you live?

I can get service as fast as 20Mbps down/2Mbps up, but that's $84.95 in my city and is not worth it to me. We have the 10Mbps down/512Kbps up. Suddenlink has it for $48.99 a month but I get it for $37 and add $10 for modem rental.

In two different towns in Western WV I have noticed around 10.5 MB on the 10 MB plan and pretty consistent too. The best provider we have around here. They have offered 105 MB for a few years now as well. It is around $100 per month for that though and most do not need that kind of speed.

I called Suddenlink and asked for information on when the speeds would go up in the Paola KS area. She looked at my account and told me that they had gone to 10 meg and that was what I had. Checked last night and now getting 10 meg. Not sure how long it's been on, but I can stream in high def now.

10 download, 1 upload.

Price... not sure but with basic cable I pay about $108. I think its $59.95 without cable. Too High is all I know. However, much better than dial up. :) Charleston, WV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts