What's Your Package?

I had Americas top 120, + hbo/Mac + NY locals + HD.
I just bumped up to AEP + HD + NY locals.

I had AT150/Supers/Denver, Atlanta distant NBC&CBS/National PBS until I was forced to give up satellite due to unemployment and go ota only. Soon I will reactivate E* with AT120/Supers for now. Latter once I upgrade my equipment if I do not switch to D* instead, I will add my Chattanooga locals. If I switch to D*, I will likely go TC+w/locals.

GaryPen said:
Not for nothing, but TC w/locals will give you about a dozen more channels than AT120 w/locals, for the same price. Just sayin'.

Actually TC+w/locals is $3/mo more then AT120w/locals or $1 less then AT120w/locals&Supers. One of the thing appealing to me about TC+w/locals is that it does have more channels then AT120 and some of them would require AT180 with E*.

I am initially reactivating with AT120w/Supers only because I already have the E* equipment in place. I have an old 2000 receiver along with a 2700, in order to get locals with either E* or D* I will need to upgrade at least my 2000 anyway, this is why I am considering both providers as viable options.

Chris Freeland said:
Actually TC+w/locals is $3/mo more then AT120w/locals or $1 less then AT120w/locals&Supers. One of the thing appealing to me about TC+w/locals is that it does have more channels then AT120 and some of them would require AT180 with E*.

Ah yes. TC + w/locals is $3 more. But, the regular TC w/locals is the same $40. For me, TC+ doesn't have any additional channels I'd be interested in. TC, however, still has about a dozen more than AT120, including some that Dish only offers in the more expensive AT180 (Hallmark, Fox Movies), and some that Dish doesn't offer at all (Trio, Oxygen, NFL Net, Fit TV, Fine Living).

OTOH, DirecTV doesn't offer Supers (specifically WPIX) or TVJapan at all. Those are huge Dish selling points for me.

GaryPen said:
Ah yes. TC + w/locals is $3 more. But, the regular TC w/locals is the same $40. For me, TC+ doesn't have any additional channels I'd be interested in. TC, however, still has about a dozen more than AT120, including some that Dish only offers in the more expensive AT180 (Hallmark, Fox Movies), and some that Dish doesn't offer at all (Trio, Oxygen, NFL Net, Fit TV, Fine Living).

OTOH, DirecTV doesn't offer Supers (specifically WPIX) or TVJapan at all. Those are huge Dish selling points for me.

Actually if you did just a raw channel count not even including the DishCD&Sirius audio channels and just counted TV channels AT120 has more TV channels total, however I agree that TC has more of the better known and wanted cable networks. I feel that the Sirius satellite radio channels are a + for AT120, however I would prefer more quality TV channels.

Chris Freeland said:
Actually if you did just a raw channel count not even including the DishCD&Sirius audio channels and just counted TV channels AT120 has more TV channels total,

Well sure. AT120 has 13 shopping channels!!! (or is it more?)

DirecTV definitely wins the quality vs. quantity count. If it weren't for WPIX and TVJapan, as I said, I'd be over there in a NY minute.

GaryPen said:
Well sure. AT120 has 13 shopping channels!!! (or is it more?)

DirecTV definitely wins the quality vs. quantity count. If it weren't for WPIX and TVJapan, as I said, I'd be over there in a NY minute.

I agree, Superstations and E* already has my locals are reasons I am staying with E* for now, however once my locals are added to D* at 72.5 hopefully latter this year I may switch. At this time I do not qualify for any of the E* returning customer or current customer specials even though I currently have a zero balance because I was disconnected when I left which I can understand their point, however I can get free standard and $49 - 99 D*Tivo if I switch and since I need new equipment anyway this will be quite tempting.

Just an update, I re-activated today but my daughter wanted Discovery Kids, Nich Gas and Nich Toons, since I like the extra movie and Discovery channels we got AT180 and Supers instead of AT120. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)