What's Your Sign?

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to our new Ham Radio and Police Scanner Technology forum!

So lets kick this off by introducing yourself, give us a your call sign and tell us a little bit about your shack.

Can you believe it, I live less then 1 mile to the ARRL headquarters in Newington, CT and I don't have my ticket yet. Oh well.

Enjoy the new forum and 73!

BTW Scott the correct question is "What's your call?" NOT Whats your sign? :)

Welcome to our new Ham Radio and Police Scanner Technology forum!

So lets kick this off by introducing yourself, give us a your call sign and tell us a little bit about your shack.

Can you believe it, I live less then 1 mile to the ARRL headquarters in Newington, CT and I don't have my ticket yet. Oh well.

Enjoy the new forum and 73!

Scott,

Thanks and its about time you opened this forum! Well for those whom dont know I'm Bob. My call is K9SAT. I'm apart of my local radio area society (member of) W9AZ. Right now I'm a tech and hopefully will upgrade my licence soon! :) Oh my QTH is Bourbonnais, IL

Bob, WA7WIW, Warrenton, OR. That's the very NW corner of Oregon, 2 miles west and I would be treading water in the Pacific and 4 miles north and I would be in the state of Washington.
Where the Columbia River meets the Pacific ocean.

BTW Scott the correct question is "What's your call?" NOT Whats your sign? :)

In my day it was "call sign" but when I first saw the thread title, I thought Scott had gone zodiac on us. :)

I had two, first was WA3BJR licensed in 1963 as a Tech, then got my second class Commercial license and upgraded to General at the same time in 1969. Then I went for First Phone license and also upgraded to Extra class but when the licensed arrived, it was labeled "Advanced" Never did get that straightened out but the FCC examiner said He thought I failed the code test. That was in 1970. I added an additional callsign when I moved to NY. It was WB2NIJ. No longer active but I still have my transmitter which was a pair of 4-1000A in push pull modulated with a pair of 833A. I don't know why I kept it all these years. When I moved to Florida I started to put up a 75Meter dipole but never got the transmitter hooked up. I was on for about a year with a SSB SB102.
Haven't been active since 1983. I heard there have been many changes to licensing now to make it easier.

--... ...--

AE4AC. Located near Bells, Tennessee. Pretty much inactive these days, but still have equipment and antennas in operating condition and can work 80 meters through 440 mhz from the shack or mobile. First licensed in 1976 as a novice - WN4HCD. Also held WB4ESM for many years until I upgraded to extra class and got the current call.

T J Warren

Don if your ticket is still valid you should consider getting back on your almost there. Get a antenna up and join the party!! :D

73 Bob

Too many other things on my plate, Bob. I have very fond memories of my days in ham radio. Clubs, Field days, and crazy crazy parties, especially the one where a dozen of us set up a bootleged AM station in NYC one New Year's eve. I don't think I could enjoy it like I did when I was a kid. The communications camaraderie has long been replaced with BBS's in the late 80's to these forums today. The last rig I had was a Heathkit SB102 and I sold it many years ago.

Mike WA2ACV, Barnegat, NJ Advance license. Presently trying to improve my Morse code skills SKCC #7228, and I'm the treasuer of the OLD BARNEY AMATUER RADIO CLUB (ORBAC).

I am Carroll and I am KT4SJ... Although I live up north here in IL I still hold my 4 call loud and proud... Now just need to get back active on the air. Every so often I will hop on 20, but that is about it... CC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)