Wheeler: Net May Be at Regulatory Inflection Point

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
From Multichannel...

FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler has at least raised the possibility that the Internet economy is at an "inflection point" at which the government needs to step in to insure the continuing ability of innovative startups to scale up at the pace of high-speed broadband.

That came in the FCC's Thursday (Oct. 2) network neutrality forum on the economics of broadband, in this case mostly the economics of paid priority.

multichannel.com

Reactions: beandaddy
I hate to say it, except, otherwise I'll never get anything other that crummy satellite or my cell.

--sent from broadbandless rural America

As the owner of a WISP that we started in 2009, I can tell you that the federal government and the FCC have been the biggest detrement to our growth. The bulk of the money that the government has thrown at the problem is earmarked for the phone companies, who do not use the money for rural expansion, and the FCC with their meddling in spectrum issues where they are not needed, and of course, the latest "net neutrality" garbage which will drastically increase the cost of doing business, which reduces the amount of money we have for expansion.

I hope Wheeler retires before he does any more damage.

As the owner of a WISP that we started in 2009, I can tell you that the federal government and the FCC have been the biggest detrement to our growth. The bulk of the money that the government has thrown at the problem is earmarked for the phone companies, who do not use the money for rural expansion, and the FCC with their meddling in spectrum issues where they are not needed, and of course, the latest "net neutrality" garbage which will drastically increase the cost of doing business, which reduces the amount of money we have for expansion.

I hope Wheeler retires before he does any more damage.

Very true about the phone companies. Most people don't know they pay approx $1.83 per month per customer to cover the cost of rural expansion I think the spectrum auction is a bad idea. However the owner of WADL in Detroit think it's best for him and to shut his station down and take the money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)