When are HD locals coming to West Palm Beach Florida?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Xbox19 said:
When are HD locals coming to West Palm Beach Florida?
--------------------
:welcome Welcome to SatelliteGuys....According to what I have seen, next month
(sometime in June) if D* stays on sked. Miami/Ft. Laud, Orlando, & W.P.B. are all
sked. for June.

Here is the original list yet again, its all in the stickies (important/hot info) about LIL additions if you want to read all the other info & rumors. There were a few additions as well (added to this original list) they are floating around the threads.

Atlanta November 22, 2005
Milwaukee May 2006
Baltimore June 2006
Minneapolis April 19, 2006
Birmingham April 19, 2006
Nashville April 19, 2006
Boston December 8, 2005
New York since 2003
Charlotte June 2006
Orlando June 2006
Chicago November 22, 2005
Philadelphia November 22, 2005
Cleveland June 2006
Phoenix May 2006
Columbus- not CBS April 19, 2006
Pittsburgh April 19, 2006
Dallas- not ABC December 8, 2005
Raleigh J June 2006
Denver June 2006
Sacramento- not FOX April 19, 2006
Detroit October 20, 2005
St. Louis May 2006
Fresno May 2006
Salt Lake City May 2006
Hartford June 2006
San Antonio June 2006
Houston- not CBS December 8, 2005
San Diego- not CBS, FOX April 19, 2006
Indianapolis June 2006
San Francisco November 22, 2005
Kansas City April 19, 2006
Seattle June 2006
Los Angeles since 2003
Tampa. December 8, 2005
Miami June 2006
Washington, D.C. December 8, 2005
W. Palm Beach June 2006

What about Ft Myers/Naples?

I wish the Ft Myers/Naples area would start the HD locals too.

I wish I could remember the added lot of cities; maybe someone will add them and their rumored date to the above list and repost it. Ft Myers/Naples sounds familiar, at DMA #66. If not in the added lot, I wouldn't guess expect it before the end of the year in the last group.

I didn't verify vs the above list, but maybe these are the added:

-- Cincinnati
-- Madison, Wis.
-- Austin, Texas
-- Memphis, Tenn.
-- Albuquerque, N.M.
-- Portland, Maine
-- Grand Rapids, Mich.
-- Portland, Ore.
-- Green Bay, Wis.
-- Providence, R.I.
-- Greensboro, N.C.
-- Reno, Nev.
-- Las Vegas

The List

Where does one go to search for the 'HD Locals' list, of when cities are going to be added?

(Another Fort Myers, HDTV person impatiently waiting)

The DMAs are announced in "blocks" as they become close. There is no complete, dated list for the 210 current DMAs. For you guys down in the flat topography of FL, with all those DMAs so close together, with the correct OTA antenna, you should be getting all the HD you can handle. HOAs and cities can't 100% ban, so that can't be the issue.

Last edited:
Ft Myers/Naples

I just don't want to go out and buy an over the air HD antenna if DTV will have it soon. I did change my service address to Tampa just so I could get the HD locals via DTV, but I missed the Ft Myers/Port Charlotte locals too much.

And hurricanes don't have anything to do with it, or concern me for that matter. You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning in Southwest Florida than having a hurricane destroy your home. Plus it doesn't matter what part of the country you live. Midwest has tornados. West has fires and earthquakes. Floods anywhere. Snow, ice up north...no thanks. I'll take tropical paradise any day.

Why not? Its a well spent $30 - $50!

With retrans you will only get the big 4 and MAYBE the CW later in life, but the OTA will add all the others, in many cases and additional 10 - 15 channels; and thats not counting any sub-channels that will carry local weather and radars and special sports coverage when avail.

well now you have me thinking. It's been awhile since I looked and priced. I remember seeing one at the Circuit City in Port Charlotte for over $100. Is there a certain quality or feature I should look for in an antenna?

Well I gotta run, but I used that Port charlotte as my zip research and it is only 25m from the FORT MYERS DMA towers. NICE! Use one of the OTA antennas listed below to pull those and keep your DBS service zip as Tampa to stay in that DMA for DBS retrans.

One channel (CBS 9 WINK-DT) was still listed as TBD and as VHF LOW. Any info on that one?

These are in no special order:

Winegard PR 7032

Terrestrial Digital V10/V15

Channel Master CM 3679

Channel Master CM 3030

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by DBS retrans. 33981 is in the Ft Myers locals area, WINK, NBC2, etc. I like that better than the Tampa stations which have nothing to say about Charlotte County. I just need to be educated more on this.

DBS (DirecTV / Dish Network) has to have a contract to retransmit your local affiliates to you based on the service zip you list. They receive them via any number of ways and then "retransmit" them to you. Since your actual zip is in the Ft Myers DMA, they are not online for DBS HD locals yet. DMA zips are only enforced by the DBS companies, they do not draw the lines.

So why settle for just one?

BUT since you already have changed your service zip to get the Tampa DMA HD locals, all you have to do is add the correct OTA antenna and aim it at the correct heading, and you now will have all the Ft Myers OTA digital AS WELL as Tampa HD LIL.

Last edited:
Understand now. Thanks. I will look into the links you provided. I appreciate it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)