When are the HD channels going on air

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 12, 2005
Central Standard Time

I think in some of the post that I read it was C.S.T. not E.S.T. But they will come! Be calm! Use the Force!

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Where's the cliff ?, most will be jumping off if they don't see anything at 6 am.

This will continue to go on until 12 pm tonight and then all the D* bashers will be out ....doing just that, saying "Told you so...".while not knowing any more than anyone else.

D* has not even said there will be any new HD today, just a CSR and we all know how accurate they can be.
Seeing more than one CSR has reported this...

On the other hand, they generally don't tell you anything that they haven't been told to say, so MAYBE there will be more on when I get home from work :)

Jimbo

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
my h20 died last night and i asked the lady in tech support who was helping me. she told me she heard today but didn't have a time.

one or two csr's i would think nothing of it. but we're talking two dozen or so, basically reporting the same thing. it does make you pause.

OzMan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 6, 2007
We don't have to do a receiver reset, right?

No new HD at 5:00 AM MDT.

Hmmmmmph.

fxstsb

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 1, 2007
Ga
Where's the cliff ?, most will be jumping off if they don't see anything at 6 am.

This will continue to go on until 12 pm tonight and then all the D* bashers will be out ....doing just that, saying "Told you so...".while not knowing any more than anyone else.

D* has not even said there will be any new HD today, just a CSR and we all know how accurate they can be.
Seeing more than one CSR has reported this...

On the other hand, they generally don't tell you anything that they haven't been told to say, so MAYBE there will be more on when I get home from work :)

Jimbo
Ha, Ha, Ha. Yea your right. Now it is past 0600 cst. 23 mas.

obrook

Jan 23, 2006
Not good news for new HD channels today :(

Saw this quote in another forum so I called Directv to check and got the same answer :(

******At 4:30 AM Central time: DirecTV Customer Service says "There has been a delay in rolling out the new High Definition Service. Circumstances are unknown and new service date is also unknown." CSR said she had already received calls asking the same question.*****

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just called and was told the same thing. :(

Up until 9pm ET last night (which was the last time I called) I was being told by CSR's that some of the channels would be turnedon this morning.

So the question now is WHATS WRONG? Is it a satellite issue? A programming issue? A Software issue? Obviously SOMETHING is wrong.

OzMan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 6, 2007
Damn...I wanted to see OJ fry in HD today, too.

Oh well...there's always the trial.

HoosierBoy

Sep 6, 2007
Something has to be very wrong. You don't set up your customer service reps with a script to say the 19th is the day and then make a decision to wait for no apparent reason. The distressing part of this is there is now no date given as a potential new date.

It really is too bad D* could not give us one or two channels today just to show movement and progress. That gives the appearance that the sky is not falling. Right now you have to wonder if this bird is functional.

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
Thanks Directv. Now we have to endure another day of speculation, fanboys ridiculing folks, and more of the same anxious talk. You are driving folks crazy with this HD plan.

tds4182

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2003
Kingwood,Texas
And CNBC and DSL reports.

Where do you think they got the original story from?

Hint: The name was Variety!

Just because it appeared in print or on television doesn't make it true, trust me. The last few years (Jason Blair in the New York Times, 60 Minutes/Dan Rather story on Bush's reserve service, etc., etc, etc)

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 8, 2003
New York
I switched from Dish Network to DirecTV about 6 months ago mainly because of MLB Extra Innings and because of DirecTV's 100 HD channels promise.

I am starting to think I made a major mistake. This whole thing is starting to get absolutely ridiculous. Obviously, DirecTV has some major problem with the satellite whether they care to admit it or not. Scott was right when he first reported these problems about a week ago. I am really starting to lose faith in DirecTV as a company. Everyday I read about an agreement for a new HD channel, but no channels. My patience is wearing out. Maybe it is time to go back to Dish Network. Dish promises less, but delivers more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts