When are the HD channels going on air

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When do the Big Ten teams start conference play? One day before for HD is my guess.

Here's the latest from their investor relations site -- 6:15pm Eastern it is:

09/17/2007
3:15 p.m. PT The DIRECTV Group, Inc. at Merrill Lynch Media Fall Preview
TIME CHANGE 3:15PM PT Michael Palkovic, Chief Financial Officer

Click here for webcast

Seems like the link is dead, I can't click on it, it comes as test only.

Looks like the national hd rollout has been delayed, according to bschneider. Sounds like it's because of the extra testing they had to do with the partial satellite failure, as I figured.

Looks like the national hd rollout has been delayed, according to bschneider. Sounds like it's because of the extra testing they had to do with the partial satellite failure, as I figured.

Just to be clear he said the original date he made of Sep 14 was delayed because of the failure, he gave no indication that it would be later than the 19th, but he did hint that it is fair to say we will have the new HD this week, he didn't really want to say very much though.

Don't overlook that he has stated that there IS content now on the sat, and he said it will be forthcoming SOON.

Certainly still within reason that they can achieve before the 19th.

Just to be clear he said the original date he made of Sep 14 was delayed because of the failure, he gave no indication that it would be later than the 19th, but he did hint that it is fair to say we will have the new HD this week, he didn't really want to say very much though.

I don't see where he said this week would be likely. The tone I get from it all is that its a rather longshot we will see anything on the 19th, probably next week at the soonest. Things will have to go very well in testing to make it the 19th. Soon can mean anything from a few days to a few weeks, if not longer.

I don't see where he said this week would be likely. The tone I get from it all is that its a rather longshot we will see anything on the 19th, probably next week at the soonest. Things will have to go very well in testing to make it the 19th. Soon can mean anything from a few days to a few weeks, if not longer.

Go to post 4490 on the link you provided and read it for yourself.

When are the hD chanells going on air

You and Vurbano should get married:eureka

Swanni said in his newsletter this morning that a Direct spokesperson told him they are having trouble with one of the sats. He did say that launching more local hd would not be a problem. I hope that person is wrong on the national hd.

I see where he said it would be delayed beyond the 14th but not the 19th.

He didn't say anything for sure, he just said the initial channels were not going to be online as soon as directv had originally anticipated. Neither was ever an official date.

Dude your stupid. Try to send us to another forum of people talking and they didn't even say anything about another delay. Just stop it. The launch date is the 19th!!!!!! 100%%%%% 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are having Michael Palkovic speak today and Chase Carey speaking tomorrow. They are letting everyone know that it is the 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dude your stupid. Try to send us to another forum of people talking and they didn't even say anything about another delay. Just stop it. The launch date is the 19th!!!!!! 100%%%%% 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are having Michael Palkovic speak today and Chase Carey speaking tomorrow. They are letting everyone know that it is the 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The 19th was never an official date. Please do not say that what some csrs have been telling people is official. They are almost always wrong and generally know nothing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)