When are the new HD channels arriving?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
I think I emailed DTV not long after signing up with them inquiring about when where would be more HD channels added as Dish has so many more than DTV does.

If I remember I was told sometime next year a new satellite was or is going to be launced and we were suppose to get over 50 more HD channels.

Does anyone have any idea when this will occur and what channels will now be in HD or added?

I think the lastes guess I've seen is mid to late spring and nobody has been told by D* what channels they will or won't be adding, anything said now is just a guess.

It's been their plan and in their press releases for the past couple years now that new national HD will be available starting middle next year (2007) when the first of the next 2 sats go up. Nothing has changed that plan so far.

The way I look at it, dont expect anything until Summer of 2007. If anything does come before that you will be pleasantly surprised and not dissapointed if it doesnt. :)

once the football season ends won't they have bandwith to allocate to something else

Nope, Right now they drop almost all the PPV channels and also turn off the Special Events, HDPPV and TNTHD to use for the Sunday Ticket.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts