When can you order?

I just cancelled..(it's getting turned off on Monday) ... they wanted 684 dollars for a new hopper box... we have only been signed up six weeks...prior to this we were directv subscribers with the whole home dvr setup..But we signed up for dish because of the sling option as well as the fact the 722 was labeled as a "whole home" dvr (in the sense that we only have two tv's thus we could watch and record between the two tvs only)... Well when the installer came, we were quite upset with the quality of the signal on the second television (I had bette signal quality in the early 90's with rabbit ears).... So being upset with that, we called in wanting to cancel, because we still at that moment had directv and could have waited.. I knew of this new box comming out, so when I called in to cancel with the installer right there, I told the sales person (evidently retentions.. or someone) that I will cancel and try again when the new box would be released... They told me, that they would like to see me stay a customer, and that they would offer a 600 series box (to ensure we have HD in the second room) and then when the new box was released, we would be allowed to upgrade either for free or worst case a 99 dollar upgrade fee).... So with that knowledge my finance and I signed up for dish network (based on the promise of being able to grade when released) ... I am now told we are not eligible for the upgrade and we can wait a year to see if maybe then we might be...

So basically my fiance and I were lied too, just so that we would sign a contact..and then once we sign up... Its like when you buy a car and are promised something, you drive it off the lot and all of a sudden the sales agent forgets the promise he made (happened once with a free sunroof install)...

So it seems strange to me that Dish Network would rather loose a customer than honour a word they gave... Considering I subscribe to the 250 package.. I had the NHL hockey package and the horse racing package... My bill would easily be over 200 a month once the new offers wear off....

To me it doesn't seem like great customer service... I am still trying to get someone to make good on their offer before Monday, but I do not think it is likely..

Has anyone else been dipsy-dooed by Dish?

Patriot6901 said:
I just cancelled..(it's getting turned off on Monday) ... they wanted 684 dollars for a new hopper box... we have only been signed up six weeks...prior to this we were directv subscribers with the whole home dvr setup..But we signed up for dish because of the sling option as well as the fact the 722 was labeled as a "whole home" dvr (in the sense that we only have two tv's thus we could watch and record between the two tvs only)... Well when the installer came, we were quite upset with the quality of the signal on the second television (I had bette signal quality in the early 90's with rabbit ears).... So being upset with that, we called in wanting to cancel, because we still at that moment had directv and could have waited.. I knew of this new box comming out, so when I called in to cancel with the installer right there, I told the sales person (evidently retentions.. or someone) that I will cancel and try again when the new box would be released... They told me, that they would like to see me stay a customer, and that they would offer a 600 series box (to ensure we have HD in the second room) and then when the new box was released, we would be allowed to upgrade either for free or worst case a 99 dollar upgrade fee).... So with that knowledge my finance and I signed up for dish network (based on the promise of being able to grade when released) ... I am now told we are not eligible for the upgrade and we can wait a year to see if maybe then we might be...

So basically my fiance and I were lied too, just so that we would sign a contact..and then once we sign up... Its like when you buy a car and are promised something, you drive it off the lot and all of a sudden the sales agent forgets the promise he made (happened once with a free sunroof install)...

So it seems strange to me that Dish Network would rather loose a customer than honour a word they gave... Considering I subscribe to the 250 package.. I had the NHL hockey package and the horse racing package... My bill would easily be over 200 a month once the new offers wear off....

To me it doesn't seem like great customer service... I am still trying to get someone to make good on their offer before Monday, but I do not think it is likely..

Very typical of Dish

Probably the only way you have a chance is if you got this whole thing documented somewhere by the CSR, but i'd be skeptical if it was done. (or you documented it in writing/recording)

I believe someone else was promised something similar. Not sure how it turned out but most people were warned on the forums that very new customers are unlikely to be eligible for upgrade at launch.

Try contacting a Dirt CSR and seeing what they say or maybe their Executive Customer Service. Worth a shot at least. http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/279754-hopper-upgrades.html

jbernardi said:
I PMed DIRT team member Zach S about an hour ago to upgrade to two Hoppers and three Joeys. He has me lined up for installation between 12 and 5 today. As expected, my upfront cost for two Hoppers is $200.

Zach said I was his first Hopper upgrade, and got three more upgrade requests while processing mine.

Once again, three cheers to the DIRT team!

Why oh why isn't everyone here using DIRT? I have seen almost as many different price quotes as posts, new in the system or not it shouldn't be that way...

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)