When can you order?

I am online chat right now and I am told $200.00 for 2 hoppers and 3 joeys and $95.00 for tech. visit. They waived the tech. visit by adding the protection plan. Tuesday install which is ok with me. Hopefully the technician will get a few installs in before then. Very quick and easy transaction.

Just so everyone knows, if you have recently sign up for Dish as a new customer, withing 5-6 months, chances are you will not qualify for a Dish'N It Up. You will have to purchase the equipment. If you are quoted $449 then you probably do not qualify.

Well I am an 8 month customer this month and was told $500 for a 1H/3J set up...which is correct pricing and was told to check back in a few months to see if I qualify...then the CSR specifically told me to check back next month for new qualification...I am wondering if the cut off is 9 months...I don't know and probably no one does except for Dish, but I am pretty bummed that I can not get it today.

Called this morning. The first CSR said they will be available fourth quarter. I DON'T THINK SO!

The second CSR started placing the order, but we got disconnected.

The third CSR was more helpful, or so I thought. I ordered two hoppers and three joeys, and set us a Sunday installation. The last thing I said to him was let's confirm, two hoppers and three joeys, right. Yes, he confirmed.

Got to work and my email confirmation saiid one hopper and three joeys.

Chatted and was told would be fixed to two hoppers and three joeys.

Next email confirmation said two hoppers and two joeys. Good grief!

Chatted again and was told the limit is two hoppers and two joeys.

I PM'd Mary at dirt. Hopefully she can get this fixed for me.

I have been a Dish customer for ~10 years, I haven't upgraded equipment in 4 or 5 years. I got 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys for $100 with a 24 month commitment. The install was free if I added the protection plan. The only bad thing was they couldn't do the install today :)

Got my appointment set up for tomorrow afternoon. $99 install. But they system wouldn't let the rep order the Hopper Internet Connector for some reason. I figured that was something the technician would bring. The rep instead told me that I had to order it though them. I don't know. She noted on my account that I needed it, and I could just use Wifi for the install tomorrow and just install the Joey myself when I get it, if I have to order through Dish. We'll see how things go.

I know i haven't been with Dish long, only about 3 months but they want to charge me 500 bucks to get a hopper and 3 joey's! its cheaper for me to cancel and switch to D, I think i am going to be doing that today. Its odd to me because i only paid for the first month of service when i signed up. Oh well i guess its time to switch i really miss my whole home DVR

Called in and failed the CSR roulette. I was told the Hopper upgrades were only through dealers at the time. After three requests to check higher up, I hung up.

You've only been with Dish for 3 months and you want to quit already. Just because they won't upgrade you for cheap? Ugh. You're going to pay about $360 for a cancelation fee. Couldn't you just wait a few months to wait until you qualify? Sounds like a big waste of money unless you really miss whole-home DVR that much.

I know everyone is getting different responses from Dish and retailers but you're just going to have to be patient and understanding. Stay knowledgeable on here so you don't sign up for something you shouldn't. I'm just as excited but it's going to take a little bit.

I was able to upgrade for $100+$15 tech visit + a new 2 year contract via support chat. Install is set for Monday, but they could have done it as soon as tomorrow.

Got mine set for tomorrow through customer support chat. (That seems to be the way to go.) I'm buzzing with excitement!

I PMed DIRT team member Zach S about an hour ago to upgrade to two Hoppers and three Joeys. He has me lined up for installation between 12 and 5 today. As expected, my upfront cost for two Hoppers is $200.

Zach said I was his first Hopper upgrade, and got three more upgrade requests while processing mine.

Once again, three cheers to the DIRT team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts