When did this happen?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I guess I haven't had a need for a service call for a while and it kind of surprised me that they are now asking for customers to pay for service.

They normally offer to sign you up for DHPP if you call for service so you dont need to pay the $99. (And they sometimes tell you to cancel it after your service call) :)

what is DHPP? is that the 5 or 6 dollars per month? I already pay for that but they told me that this only reduces the service call to $30 per service call as opposed to $99.

Yea its been that way for atleast 3 years closer to 4, I think it came around because of all the service repair calls they were getting from crap installs.

Yea its been that way for atleast 3 years closer to 4, I think it came around because of all the service repair calls they were getting from crap installs.

No.. It came about because of crap customers calling them every two minutes to come put their tv back on the right channel.. It was designed to make the customer at least think a moment before wasting valuable time of the technician..

This is one complaint of mine with E* vs D*. When I was with D* and you had the maint plan, visits were free which I thought they should be.

I do have the DHPP free for 18mo's so I should not complain too much :)

There's also the phone techs and csr's that set up service calls before properly assessing the need for one. Have the same problem with cable companies.

I almost needed a service call before I corrected the problem myself but they said they were going to charge me $49. I wonder if service call prices differ by area.

I almost needed a service call before I corrected the problem myself but they said they were going to charge me $49. I wonder if service call prices differ by area.

Ive seen $29 as a DHPP sub. Maybe your local subcont is marking it up, if he even can.

Regardless, Id pay no more than the $29 if I sub'd to DHPP before talkign to E* directly first.

oh probably 4 months..MAybe.
But i ask about moving my dish because of some rain issues just the other day and he didnt think it would be a problem coming out. You may be right, I don't know if he does it forever. I know that time I asked him I had actually talked to dish first and they told me there would be a charge, so I got ahold of him and asked, i just don't remember everything he told me. But he did say He installed it he doesn't charge..

That could be for the first year I am not sure there..BTW I could be lucky because I am in an area Claude installs in, because he did the install.

Claude if you see this what is your policy, out of curiosity..

IMO, if you lease and they installed it there should be no charge at all.

this is what I thought too... I am leasing the equipment, paying the 5-6 dollars per month and still they want to charge $30 for a service visit. Things had gotten out hand.

P.S. on top of this... they first thing they tell me is that I am one of their most valuable customers when I first connected through their automated telephone. I had service call before and never was presented with a charge. It was always free. Granted that I hardly use them before but it was kind of surprising to hear this.