When do we get the travel channel HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That I don't know, but if Discovery sold it last year that probably explains why this one is not carried. Isn't all other Discovery HD channels carried on DirecTV?

No HD for Discovery Health, Investigation Discovery (formerly Discovery Times) or Discovery Home, but they may not be available in HD yet.

According to Wikipedia, Discovery Communications sold Travel Channel to Cox in May of 2007 but it's Discovery that still distributes it under Discovery Networks.

So I would guess that it's Cox that negotiates for carriage of the channel rather than Discovery but I'm unclear about it. Any thoughts?

I just talked to a friend of mine that works for Cox. He said the negotiating is done by Discovery.

Travel Channel HD update?

This post seems to have died... anyone have any updates on Travel HD. I thought this would have been a no brainer addition to the Directv Lineup. I keep looking every week hoping!

"Talk about raising the dead... A new thread might have been better "

Ya I thought about that but there are so many duplicate posts. I thought it may have died due to the title of the thread which suggests a little anger. Oh well. Thought I'd give it a try. The dead has risen. :) Thx for the reply. Has been one of my most anticipated additions to the lineup.

"Talk about raising the dead... A new thread might have been better "

Ya I thought about that but there are so many duplicate posts. I thought it may have died due to the title of the thread which suggests a little anger. Oh well. Thought I'd give it a try. The dead has risen. :) Thx for the reply. Has been one of my most anticipated additions to the lineup.

You did good by using this old thread. many are just creating new threads asking the same questions over and over. thanks for using the search feature.

this channel is one i would love to have with D but i don't understand why it's taking so freaking long to light it up. how much more patience is needed? :)
give me travel channel or else :devil:

Rumor is that we won't be seeing any new national HD channels until right around Thanksgiving. No word of Travel Channel is one of them. D*'s lack of new national HD channels is disturbing.

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg
[/IMG]

Directv is maxed out as far as hd capacity, so it could be a while before this channel and others like espn news hd, disney hd, qvc hd appear. Fios should have these on or close to their launch dates.

once again your information is totally incorrect.

:D
hay that's my hair joey :D
:D Hey, Rey, when you're about to kick the bucket (hopefully MANY years from now) tell your family to cut your hair off, put it in a bag and ship it to me, so when I have a crappy day I can come home, sit down and flip flop it around and laugh my a** off for a few minutes...Okay, that sounds a little creepy/weird/sadistic, but you get the point.

Last edited:
:D:D Hey, Rey, when you're about to kick the bucket (hopefully MANY years from now) tell your family to cut your hair off, put it in a bag and ship it to me, so when I have a crappy day I can come home, sit down and flip flop it around and laugh my a** off for a few minutes...Okay, that sounds a little creepy/weird/sadistic, but you get the point.

you got it buddy! :D :eek: i'll send you the horse too.

Ok, but your family has to pay the shipping costs for that! On second thought; with the way you're pummeling that pitiful piece of equine meat, I'm not too sure I'd want it.:yikes

it's gonna be pulp baby :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)