Status
Please reply by conversation.

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
Just got another HDTV and box and even on this one I get the artifacts and boxes on the screen. anyone have any idea if D* will be upping the freaking bandwith with mpeg4? PQ is lacking.:(

Although I see PQ issues less than 3% of the time, it has been stated in some other threads before that once DirecTV10 & 11 go up we should be able to get the answers to you question.

Unless they do something after the 1st 76% HD LIL plan sometime around the end of Dec. I really never see much pixelation if any, although I can say on PQ I would like a higher bitrate for that shaper picture or the full HD resolution as many talk about.

What hardware are you running?

What are you signal strengths?

lol that would require me to get numbers and do work lol. I will check and see...

1. box is a HR 10 -250 hd tivo
2. is a Hughes HTL- HD

signal strengths are good usually in the 80's and 90's even today with cloudy windy rainy weather.

Yes, It the entire Beam Branded - Small Batch Bourbon Collection.

I run all MPEG2 gear, 2 HD - 3 SD , PhaseIII dish, and not one signal tests under 91. In zip 85234. What area are you in to get some feedback for others close to you? I sure wouldn't expect any under 85 for you.

Bourbon and Scotch are good anytime of the day in my book. Scotch is my passion. Scotch Scotch scotch...yummy yummy.
I will check the levels again when the storm clears here.
Thanks for the info.
Anyone else in Madison Wi area using MPEG 2 ...what do you get?

Madtown HD Junkie said:
Bourbon and Scotch are good anytime of the day in my book. Scotch is my passion. Scotch Scotch scotch...yummy yummy.
I will check the levels again when the storm clears here.
Thanks for the info.

:D

I'm sitting at work in McFarland right now. My house is in Menomonee Falls.

I'll check tonight.

Madtown HD Junkie said:

I'm just south of Madison. I believe I'm typically around 91-93 on the receivers I've had over the years. I don't think we can expect much better this far north.

-JustBob

vurbano said:
I think everyone here knows that signal strength is not the problem :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone suggested that it was. He was saying he had good signal strength and then it was questioned why his signal strength wasn't even higher than the numbers he said.

-JustBob

I think it is the weak bandwith they r sending most likely. ESPN HD and 2HD both look good it is the 1080i channels i get the most artifacts on. I was just asking because if the new equipment (mpeg4) supposedly uses less bandwith, then will the channels look better since they will be on new sats(right?) and mpeg4? And should I look to upgrade equipment when LIL is available here in summer. I really don't like the idea of paying D* for equipment that they will own and i will lease. They seems absolutely stupid. Is that what they are doing?

Madtown HD Junkie said:
and why is my little peg blue next to my name??? i m full of questions today. Full of scotch later (o:

It means you are on line. Red means you are off line.

hdtvtechno said:
next time just hover your mouse curser over the icon, and it will tell you the details of it with the tool tips feature ;)

So the next time you are off line put the cursor on the icon and it will be red. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)