When I connect via Sling, my secondary remote stops controlling TV1...

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I'm using a VIP722K with a Sling adapter and I'm having a bit of a problem.

The receiver is always in Single Mode but I use both IR and RF to control the receiver. The primary remote is IR and the secondary remote is RF.

When I connect to my Sling adapter, the receiver switches into Dual Mode and then my secondary remote no longer works for TV1.

How can I fix this?

It does that until the receiver switches into dual mode.

Do I have something setup wrong?

The second remote controls tv2, but when you're in single mode tv1 and tv2 are the same thing. When you use sling it takes control of tv2 while in use, I don't know if this makes it switch into dual mode though, but that effectively cuts off any control that tv2 (or tv2 remote) has over tv1

See answer in post #2! You set up the TV2 UHF Pro remote to control TV1, just like the IR remote. You want to run in single mode anyhow, so when the Sling Adapter takes over TV2 and puts the receiver in dual mode, you can still watch and control TV1 from your TV2 location. This assumes you are actually connected to the TV1 outputs from the TV2 location. When the Sling Adapter is in use, video to the TV2 outputs will show a static frame indicating it's already in use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)