When i hit the red button on my controler it is saying Hopper is watching 2 shows

joustx

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
texas
this is causing all my scheduled shows to record Conflict, On My Daily Schedule Recordings all of them except prime Time Anytime Say No INfo Available. This is causing all kids of probs. My Hopper has had no probs until today i have unpluged and reset anybody have suggestions???

this is causing all my scheduled shows to record Conflict, On My Daily Schedule Recordings all of them except prime Time Anytime Say No INfo Available. This is causing all kids of probs. My Hopper has had no probs until today i have unpluged and reset anybody have suggestions???

What are the locations of the "watching" shows?

no i went in to PIP thinking samee thing and closed it out still did not work i turned off joey also and reset box still hasnt worked

My Hoppers always show using two tuners. The Joey always steals one of them if it need to unless I actually have PIP up on the TV.

I have the same issue.. It's a PIP issue. but there is not way to stop the hopper from using PIP. This issue cause confusion with other tv viewer on other joeys on whats going on with the hopper.
It needs to display that it in use as a PIP and there needs to be a way to cancel the PIP tuner.

As long as the Hopper is not showing PIP onscreen, the Joey will just take the secondary PIP tuner away from the Hopper when you cancel the Joey's viewing status screen. You don't need to select anything, if it won't cancel, then you have to join one of the live streams or watch a recording or download. Dish should change the status screen to just not show the PIP tuner on Joeys if it's not in use.

Last edited:
"Watching" does not affect timers on my system. My tuner Status page almost always shows the Hopper "watching" on two tuners while the Joey is "watching" on one tuner, the exception would be when the Hopper and/or Joey are watching a recorded event. If one timer is activated, it grabs a tuner, this is typically the secondary channel allocated to the Hopper. If a second timer is simultaneously activated, it grabs a second tuner, typically from the Joey. The Joey then goes to the tuner status page so that you can choose to go OnDemand, to DVR, or share the remaining tuner with the hopper.

I have only had one conflict in the past week, and in that case, all three tuners were actively recording.

What I'm trying to say is that your Hopper "watching" two tuners is not likely the cause of your timer problem. It is normal for the Hopper to watch two.

I had the same issue as the op. I reset my hopper and everything was fine. It's almost as if the hopper let tuners get locked despite the fact they were not in use.

But what about my problem with the Timers all the shows have instead of the show names says NO INFO Available and the shows say that they r going to record for 6 hours? If i Highlight over the shows that say no info available the show name will come up on right side

Being unable to reproduce this, I would take a brute force approach and simply delete some (specifically the ones that show NO INFO) or all of the timers. They aren't working anyway.

Reset the Hopper and try adding some timers back in.

But that's just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts