When is Directv getting G4?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wish G4 comes back to DirecTV someday. I only watched Attack of The Show on there and now they have Candace Bailey hosting it in. I was a fan of hers since I was 9 lol.

ESPN was the one who requested the switch...putting ESPNU in the main packages and ESPN Classic in the sports tier

G4 is a fringe channel. Just like all the HD channels they don't have. You don't want it or need it. Please be happy with what you have. :)

I wouldn't consider HLN HD a "fringe channel". And I think I will decide what I want and need and not you.

twilliam66 said:
I wouldn't consider HLN HD a "fringe channel". And I think I will decide what I want and need and not you.

Then why not contact D* for the channels you want to have added, afterall we can't add or remove any of them.
See how quickly they jump on your demand.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I was being sarcastic.

Whenever these threads come up the staunch DIRECTV supporters chime in with something to the effect of what I posted. Saved them some typing.

If you have the capital for such adventure, I would gladly do it! :) In the meantime, leo has TWIT, wich I'm surprised hasn't morphed into a cable channel.

Why should it? Podcasting (or, as he calls it netcasting)is a much more natural home for his programs.

Then why not contact D* for the channels you want to have added, afterall we can't add or remove any of them.
See how quickly they jump on your demand.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I would except the fact that HLN HD isn't a sports channel so it has no chance in hell of being added.

When I signed up with DirecTV back in 1998, they got rid of Travel Channel. Then it came back either at the end of 1998 or early 1999. With G4, I guess the case was that DirecTV figured there wasn't enough interest in the channel and it cost too much to retain carriage. It's been gone for a year. Seems more like two years.
That was common with Travel Channel. They were basically forced to revamp their programning, because Cable companies dropped them and then picked them back up repeatedly for a while. The same held true for the old Court TV. I know one community in my area that had Court on their cable from 6am to 10pm on channel 96, and then switched the feed to Hot Choice PPV.

As for G4, Iceberg said it best. The only time I watched it recently was for an airing of The Goonies. Tech TV was superior, but Comcast bought them and naturally the inferior G4 branding and philosophy was kept. Am I wrong, or does Tech TV still exist in Canada?

That was common with Travel Channel. They were basically forced to revamp their programning, because Cable companies dropped them and then picked them back up repeatedly for a while.
I used to watch Travel Channel quite often, but since they have turned to mostly food shows, we rarely watch it. They could drop it again and bring back G4. :rolleyes:

I would love to see Ziff-Davis, CNET or Vulcan Inc bring back TechTV with all the old host from Revision3 and TWiT.tv. Comcast-owned G4 must die for killing TechTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts