When is DISH going to add Austin local HD channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Texas97

Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
I am a new DISH customer as of November. Was with TWC before and they had local stations in HD. I was fed up with TWC hence the switch. I did not know that DISH did not have local stations in HD in the Austin market. They offer the local stations but not in HD. You need an off-air antenna to do that. Obviously DISH offers local stations in HD in other markets (Dallas, San Antonio, Houston for example) but not Austin.

I called up DISH and they will not give a date but said they are going to do 50 more local HD markets this year. But won't say when for Austin.

Any insight? I have an off-air antenna but a few stations are weak (Fox HD for example).

They should do HD Locals for Austin, especially since the CBS in Austin is owned and operated by CBS like it is in Dallas.

They should do HD Locals for Austin, especially since the CBS in Austin is owned and operated by CBS like it is in Dallas.

And Fox/WTBC is owned by Fox. But with DMA #52 I was surprised that D* added us while other markets higher on the list are still waiting.

Another reason I'm surprised is how large Austin is, plus the fact that it's the capital of the 2nd largest state in the union.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts