When is it HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VMI90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
King William, VA
So I know that I'm new to the HD local experience. This evening I'm watching Entertainment Tonight. The guide says it's in HD, the program says it's in HD. My stereo was picking up the sound in 5.1 Dolby Digital, yet the screen was letterboxed. When something like this happens, where is the breakdown? Is it my local affiliate or is it D*?

Not *all* HD is 16:9

My local news channel pillarboxes their signal.

I don't think that this is true. I thought that part of the HD standard was that it had to be at least 16:9. Now it is true that not all programs on a HD channel is HD. They do broadcast SD programming on the HD channels that is 4:3.

So I know that I'm new to the HD local experience. This evening I'm watching Entertainment Tonight. The guide says it's in HD, the program says it's in HD. My stereo was picking up the sound in 5.1 Dolby Digital, yet the screen was letterboxed. When something like this happens, where is the breakdown? Is it my local affiliate or is it D*?

Our local affiliate's. It's been like that for a long time. It has something to do with how they receive syndicated programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts