When is Mobile AL Locals Moving?

BillH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Can anyone tell me when the Mobile, AL locals will move?

I have a super dish, and 721 receiver. Will I have to go back to the dish 500 or will the superdish continue to work.

Thanks.

BillH,

The Mobile, AL locals moved to spotbeam 7 on Echostar X back on 4/10/2006. You can dump that big superdish and install the much smaller dish1000.

Of course your superdish will work just fine with your setup. If in the future you decide to upgrade to an HD package you will have to swap the superdish for the dish1000.

WEIQ-42 (PBS) is still on 105, the others did in fact move back in April.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone but 1 more clarification

OK. As I understand it, my superdish will continue to work with what I have. If I do not want to fool with it, I can leave it as it is. BUT if I change to HD, I will have to change my dish.

Is this correct?

Thanks again.

in my slight experience so far, signal in this area appears to be better with another dish pointed at 61.5 than with 129. The angle for 129 is very low. The same HD content is on both.

I believe the Dish1000 is slightly larger than a Dish500.

Last edited:
BillH,

If you upgrade to HD, Dish will come out and swap the superdish for a dish 1000. I had a dish 1000 installed last month right before the locals moved. The dish is slightly wider than a dish 500 and much smaller than a superdish. In Fairhope, I get signal strength of about 80% on the 129 sat, while the 110 and 119 sats get over 100% signal strength. Pepper is right, you could get much better signal strength for HD if you put up a 2nd dish 500 pointed at the 61.5 sat. My Installer was not interested in doing that. He said 80% was great singal strength for the 129 sat??

If you do not plan to upgrade to HD, the superdish will work just fine.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)