When is the "Big" Announcement Coming?

general487

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Winfield, AL
When are we going to hear about this "big" announcement that DISH has???

I have been checking the site feverishly to hear what they've got up their sleeves. AVS says that it is more than just the "InHD and RSN HD" stuff.

Help us out CEDIA people!!!

I hear it's INHD, RSN HD, programming prices cut in half, and all customers are invited to stop by their satellite operations center to upload transponders and position the satellite fleet...:)

Seriously, the suspense is building...let's have a drum-roll while we're waiting!

We never said there was going to be a big announcement. We said there was a "rumor" of one but the time for that rumor has come and gone. The only reason I mentioned this rumor (which I did in our pub area) was because I knew if I didn't post it and it was true then people would be jumping on me for not giving them the scoop first.

I still believe we will see INHD soon. I talked with a contact who told me that INHD looks great and is running at full resolution, I was also told that the RSN HD's are not ready yet and they are currently showing NFL HD on the channels as dummy loads. HD RSNs are still a few weeks away.

Now with all the above stated, I am kind of surprised there has been no big news from CEDIA from Dish (or DirecTV) usually they have some kind of announcements, but so far nothing. The show floor just opened for the first time a few moments ago, I am hoping to hear from our reporters on the scene (Ilya and Digital Dude)

I only saw the "big announcement" thing over on AVS.

I certainly wasn't calling you out Scott!!!!!! I am so appreciative of all the work you guys do, and I am the type that bites on any kind of rumor.

The "other" site said that they would make some sort of announcement at CEDIA. I just thought DISH might blow our minds with new technology (like networkable receivers) or something.

I guess I'll just keep wishin'...

Heres the big announcement... Goaliebob's doing remote uplinks for DN in Iraq... :D.... Were launching the Clock channel and the arabic version of the clock channel live! Also coming soon as the sand blows and Mud hut building channels... :D

Attachments

• uplink 001.jpg
    uplink 001.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 304
  • uplink 002.jpg
    uplink 002.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 299
  • uplink 003.jpg
    uplink 003.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 242
goaliebob99 said:
Heres the big announcement... Goaliebob's doing remote uplinks for DN in Iraq... :D.... Were launching the Clock channel and the arabic version of the clock channel live! Also coming soon as the sand blows and Mud hut building channels... :D
You still state side Bob? That looks a lot like Fort Gordon behind you.:D :D

I want that dish.

I know what happened. Dish gave out the gossip to key people they think are the leaks. Now they're going to do it again but with a smaller subset to see who it really is. Oh how clever they are! ;)

Scott, you should check and see who made the AVS announcement and revoke his membership, if it came from here.

ptech said:
You still state side Bob? That looks a lot like Fort Gordon behind you.:D :D

I want that dish.

Yep... How can you tell :D.. or does signal towers give it away... I was suppost to be outahere last week, but you know how the army is.. Looks like I will be stuck here for atleast another week :(...

The awsome part is that dish was pointing at 10 degrees.. and was getting signal very very reliablity..

Last edited:
goaliebob99 said:
Yep... How can you tell :D.. or does signal towers give it away... I was suppost to be outahere last week, but you know how the army is.. Looks like I will be stuck here for atleast another week :(...

The awsome part is that dish was pointing at 10 degrees.. and was getting signal very very reliablity..
Let's just say I spend a lot of time a quite a few different bases across all branches of the Military. Heading for Edwards Sunday. but as for you, that building behind you looks just like one at Gordon on top of a hill that can be seen for miles. Am I correct? Thanks for your service Bob.:D :D

that building behind you looks just like one at Gordon on top of a hill that can be seen for miles.

Oh yes.... and it gets burned into your brain when you're running up and down that hill. Ugh.

"I wanna be a RATT RIG ranger!" :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I talked with a contact who told me that INHD looks great and is running at full resolution

Wait, INHD will be full res but all of these other stations will still be HD lite? :confused: I had INHD with Comcast before coming to Dish and was not impressed. HDNet is much better. Still will be glad to have more choices, but I hope they will clean up the other HD stations too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts