When Locals Go Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
What happens when locals go online? Will I lose my distant nets and will they add the locals for me or will I have to call in?

Roger

In most locations local stations will be on one of the wing sats- 105 or 121. In these locations you will need a SuperDish. If your locals are on 110 or 119 you will have to call and subscribe for 499 or 599 per month.

I qualified for distant locals due to poor signal strength and, still get them after signing up for the locals. :p

Rick

Roger said:
What happens when locals go online? Will I lose my distant nets and will they add the locals for me or will I have to call in?
When locals go up, they are 5.99, unless one of the big 4 networks holds out, then they are 4.99
Right now Dish doesnt know where the new locals are going. The options are 61.5 or 148 (the wings) or 105 or 121 (SuperDish) or even Dish 500 (110 & 119). Dish thought everything was going to 121 & 105, but in the last CHarlie Chat, some of the new locals are going on the wings.

How do you qualify for distants right now? Are they via waivers or grandfathered before SHVIA or do you just qualify for them? The best thing to do is go to Dish Networks site under locals and put in your address. That will tell you what you are qualified for. If, for example, you get all 4 right now and when you run the qualification and it says you only are qualified for CBS & NBC distants, if you make changes to your account (like adding locals), they will requalify you and you might lose those. If you elect not to add locals, you would still get distants

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts