When might Voom be added to the HD Pack?

AndyOI

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2005
I know I've heard rumors of Voom being added to the HD Pack all for one charge, but does anyone even have any guesses of when this might happen?

I'm curious because I feel that if I'm subscribing to an HD pack and they add new channels on 61.5, won't it be likely they will provide the additional dish for free at that point?

AndyOI said:
I know I've heard rumors of Voom being added to the HD Pack all for one charge, but does anyone even have any guesses of when this might happen?
I'm curious because I feel that if I'm subscribing to an HD pack and they add new channels on 61.5, won't it be likely they will provide the additional dish for free at that point?

When they want a significant number of their HD subscribers to leave for cable or DirecTV. If Dish did that there would be a lot of people asking why they're paying for 15 channels they've never heard of that loop all of the time.

Also the Voom channels have been on 61.5 and they never offered a free dish. For me, it would have been quite some money since I already have a SuperDish and addind the 61.5 would mean I would need a Dp44 switch so I passed...until I found locals in my area are on 61.5 at which time I called E* too add my locals and they installed the 61.5 free of charge. Once the 61.5 was installed I canceled the locals and added Voom!

One never knows, but I would be surprised if it is soon. If someone is on the East Coast and 61.5 is obstructed, then you would be charging them for channels they cannot receive.

OTOH, as much of the country could get all of the HD channels via a Dish 1000, that would better lend itself to a single HD tier. Although even here, it could be a problem for people using a SuperDish to pick up their locals from 105 or 121.

So I don't know if Dish would be so bold as to not offer the current HD Pak, or at least an HD option for just those HD channels available from 110/119, given the complexity of the dish options.

I'm totally bored with voom and the new channels look like they will be boring too. I hope they continue to leave it as an option since I'll probably want to dump them soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts