when the ceo@... fails

You know how they say "This call may be monitored or recorded..." Well just do the same thing on YOUR end. Record the call of them saying what they are doing to do, and then if they deny it, just play it all back.

You can but make sure that they are aware of you recording.... Unless rules have changed you have to inform person at the other end that your recording...

You can but make sure that they are aware of you recording.... Unless rules have changed you have to inform person at the other end that your recording...

That depends on the state you're in. In some states, only one party (you) needs to know you're recording. Not sure how it's handled across state lines, though...

I had a $59 fee recently on my bill for an upgrade fee and they told me an installer came to my house to install a dish upgrade. I told them that I did not have an upgrade done and he asked if an installer came out and I told him no. After that he said it was a technical error and said he would remove the fee. Seems like I have to constantly fight to get them to remove fees that do not belong on my bill lately. It is getting to be a huge hassle and is almost not worth keeping their service because it seems to be happening too much lately.

You beat me to the basic same comment! If DISH Network peeps are lurking here, they certainly do disguise themselves or simply don't particpate (post). When I was a DirecTV customer, there were at least 2 DirecTV CSRs who regularly posted on the now-defunct DBS forums. They were always helpful and didn't seem intimidated by their employer that they were posting.

Rumor has it Charlie isn't a very nice employer though. Van? I know you're around here skulking somewhere. Say something!

If Dish has already told you that the call may be monitored or recorded, doesn't that mean that dish has already consented to be recorded?

I still have not gotten this fixed or a reply from them so I guess I will have to resort to my last option of calling. I hate talking to them, I cannot ever understand them!!!! UGH!!!

I had a $59 fee recently on my bill for an upgrade fee and they told me an installer came to my house to install a dish upgrade. I told them that I did not have an upgrade done and he asked if an installer came out and I told him no. After that he said it was a technical error and said he would remove the fee. Seems like I have to constantly fight to get them to remove fees that do not belong on my bill lately. It is getting to be a huge hassle and is almost not worth keeping their service because it seems to be happening too much lately.

I hear ya. I just broke down Tuesday and had my locals added, only for the guide info as my OTA signal is wonderful. I am grandfathered with the "absolute" pack so I don't want to screw that status up with an addition and possible removal down the road.

I go online so I can copy and paste all the CSR info in case I need it. I asked all the questions and only after getting confirmation all was OK in black and white did I confirm the local addition. Wait 30 minutes and nothing, make a call to check and the CSR sends my receiver a hit and they come through. So I felt good and all was well until last night. I go online to see if they had raised my "absolute" pack with the recent price hike. No package price increase but along with the locals added Tuesday I now had DHHP for another $5.99 ..... LOL .. I own all my equipment so I don't think so. Another CSR call and they said it will be removed and he was going to be nice and waive my "down grade" Fee. It just never ends!!!!!

That depends on the state you're in. In some states, only one party (you) needs to know you're recording. Not sure how it's handled across state lines, though...

When you record a call that goes over state lines you must tell them you are recording and if they say I dont give you permission to record the call is inadmissable. When a comany record for quality assurance that is inadmissable as well, but they can hold their CSR responisible. That is why they say for QUALITY ASSURANCE. If quality catches the employee in a lie they punish the employee and DO NOT go back and honor the lie.

When you record a call that goes over state lines you must tell them you are recording and if they say I dont give you permission to record the call is inadmissable. When a comany record for quality assurance that is inadmissable as well, but they can hold their CSR responisible. That is why they say for QUALITY ASSURANCE. If quality catches the employee in a lie they punish the employee and DO NOT go back and honor the lie.

Inadmissible in a criminal proceeding, but not much of problem in most states as evidence of a contract under contract law. Once they play the message that the call may be monitored or recorded, all bets are off since both parties know someone may be recording the call. But, it is best to get the promise in an email as they are good as gold in contract law now a days.

The CSRs are agents of Dish Network and as such can obligate their company to whatever they promise, even if it is in error. Most companies never get called on it because the cost of a legal battle over a few dollars isn't worth it when going up against the legal machines employed by companies like Dish Network.

Your best bet is to simply file a claim in small claims court for the amount in question and bring the recording as evidence. Odds are Dish won't even show up because the billable hours cost to them will far exceed your claim. You'll get a judgement in your favor and can hound them for payment, but don't expect they will ever pay. And it will cost you too much to take them to court to process them for ignoring the judgement against them.

It's all a big game to companies like Dish, who are too big to bother following the law. But don't you mess up on your contract with them or they'll squash you like a bug and ruin your credit rating. End of rant!

well, to their credit they did honor what they promised.

I eventually talked to someone in customer service (up the food chain a bit) and explained what their loyalty team member had promised me (no DVR fees). After a spirited 20 minute phone call, he will be giving me a $12/month credit for the duration of my 24 month commitment.

By the time I got to him, 4 phone calls and 2 nonsensical chat sessions later, this wasn't about $12/month. This was about keeping promises.

So, in the end and through some hoops, Dish did honor what they said.

Heres a published number: This is the main number to the corporate office in littleton. 303-723-1000 ask for the executive office.

I have been noticing that lately when I ask for a credit, they follow through, but they used to not follow through this well. I think they tack on additional fees on people's bills knowing that everyone will not call in to question it and will just pay the fees and that they get away with it. It is no different than going to Wal-Mart or some of the other stores and they charge you more than what the price stated on the shelf (and sometimes even more than the suggested retail price stated on the box in which has been done to me before). I am catching stores overcharging me like crazy and it is a constant fight with them as well.

Most of the time I find that the error is in THEIR favor which means it was done INTENTIONALLY otherwise there would be far more in my favor as well. What can be done about these overcharges that are being done constantly by the same stores? I am surprised that some sort of organization does not do an investigation about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts