when the ceo@... fails

tomyo10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
erie, pa
Long story short... Called Dish to get a better deal comparable to DTV. Eventually got to the retention (loyalty) department. Was offered cash off, free HD for a year, the free HBO/Showtime AND a new 722 free of charge. Also, I was to pay no DVR fees whatsoever as long as I was a Dish customer.

Now that last part was on the condition I re-upped for another 24 months. Which I agreed to. If I didn't, I would have gotten everything but the DVR deal.

Well, looking at my bill totally threw me off, so I tried the on-line chat with two different CSRs and got two totally different answers.

So my final attempt was with the email. He agreed with all my figures except the free DVRs. He says my DVR fee will be $12+/month. I reiterated about the free part of the DVR. He never got back to me.

I emailed again three days ago. Still nothing.

I'll have them take the 722 back if they're gonna charge me for it. But the only way I'm keeping the DVR is if I get what was promised to me.

Is this guy my last attempt at getting what I was promised?

Resolution Center

A week ago or so someone posted a phone number to a Resolution Center. I just don't remember what subject it was posted in, but it was a 720 area code so I would presume it was in Colorado.

Maybe someone else remembers where it was posted.

I'm not sure if this will help you at all since you have obviously already had successful contact through email with the ceo address. But there are more than a few instances that emails never make it to that address because of their SPAM filtering. Here was my situation. I sent an email through my Yahoo email account to the ceo address by sending it through the web based email through Yahoo's site. A week went by with no response. After reading other posts about some people's emails getting lost in SPAM filters because of certain IP addresses and that sort of thing, I decided to send an email through my Yahoo address via my Blackberry. Within 12 hours or so I had a response and everytime after, if I send through my Blackberry, I always hear back. Like I said, I'm not sure if that will help, but maybe try re-sending an email from a different location or from a different email address MAY get you a response. Good luck!

On your first correspondence with the CEO people, there should be a telephone number in the signature. Try that out and let us know if it works.

So my final attempt was with the email. He agreed with all my figures except the free DVRs. He says my DVR fee will be $12+/month. I reiterated about the free part of the DVR. He never got back to me.

DVR fees are $5.99/month, why are they quoting you +$12/month? Something doesn't add up here.

A week ago or so someone posted a phone number to a Resolution Center. I just don't remember what subject it was posted in, but it was a 720 area code so I would presume it was in Colorado.

Maybe someone else remembers where it was posted.

Well, I posted the phone numbers as I found them on this site via a Google search. But, for some reason, it looks like that post was removed. Hhhhmmm. So, I googled "dish resolution number 720".

This message has been deleted by Scott Greczkowski. Reason: Removed at the request of Dish Network. No posting unpublished numbers.

See, Uncle Charlie is watching us!:D

Wow! That's unbeliveable! Is this China? Like I said, if you want the numbers, I just did a simple google search to get the number. It is still on a page on this website actually...or at least it was. If you want the number, go up the page and look at what I put into google. It will be your FIRST search result. It will link you back to this website where the numbers were first posted. Im glad they have these customer service numbers that Dish doesn't want anyone to call. Par for the course. Now that I think of it, my post with the google terms might have been removed. Google="Dish Resolution number 720". Call and ask them how their day is going.

Wow! That's unbeliveable! Is this China? Like I said, if you want the numbers, I just did a simple google search to get the number. It is still on a page on this website actually...or at least it was. If you want the number, go up the page and look at what I put into google. It will be your FIRST search result. It will link you back to this website where the numbers were first posted. Im glad they have these customer service numbers that Dish doesn't want anyone to call. Par for the course. Now that I think of it, my post with the google terms might have been removed. Google="Dish Resolution number 720". Call and ask them how their day is going.

Which is routed to a call center. Charlie doesn't want you calling specific people. Mainly to keep you from doing exactly what you're trying to do.

No CSR can waive all DVR fees for an entire account over the lifetime of the account. It's beyond their ability and authority. Sounds like your CSR found that out the hard way.

Which is routed to a call center. Charlie doesn't want you calling specific people. Mainly to keep you from doing exactly what you're trying to do.

No CSR can waive all DVR fees for an entire account over the lifetime of the account. It's beyond their ability and authority. Sounds like your CSR found that out the hard way.

I'm not trying to do anything. Someone posted there were some numbers available for high level support, which the creator of this post asked for. Based on the information provided by a later poster, I did a search and found the information that was referenced in a post on this site(satelliteguys.us) and posted that information in this thread. It's just silly that the info that is so easily accessible via a google search was removed from the thread because it is "unpublished". It's published for the whole world to see if you want to find it. Thats all I did. Get rid of these "Customer Resolution" phone numbers if you don't want customers calling to resolve their issues!

Any deal you get from any CSR of any company that is not in writing is meaningless.

If you called a CSR of any of the satellite or cable companies and they said " I'll give you all channels for 10 years for $1 " it doesn't mean anything.

That is why they have prices on their web sites.

Any deal you get from any CSR of any company that is not in writing is meaningless.

If you called a CSR of any of the satellite or cable companies and they said " I'll give you all channels for 10 years for $1 " it doesn't mean anything.

Unless of course they make a mistake on their website... then pull it down and remove *certain* new hd channels from a particular package, communist style...

You couldn't be further from the truth.

If a CSR from ANY company gave me special prices, they'd damn well better honor them. (I should know. I work for a large company where I routinely give special pricing to good customers)

And if they don't honor them, I do what I did in this case- I go above their heads.

Prices were made to be broken. And in this economy, if you don't bend for good customers, they will go elsewhere.

Sounds like my problem. I just got installed, and I gotta say my chat with them last night left me asking why I did this.

Before I got installed I called and added a 2nd 722. I didnt want to pay the 199.00 so I got to talk to a manager and he let me get it for 99.00. So I paid for it right there on my card a week before install.

I look at my new bill yesterday and I have a 199 and a 50 upgrade fee on there, so I go to chat and this guy was just looking for an argument..He told me the 99 I paid was for the 301 on my account. I said I just added the 301 and that was yesterday and i bought that off of ebay. then he said 4 times I can only get one 722 free. I said I know. Look at my bill you should see everything that was done. He absolutely refused to acknowledge I already paid for this 2nd receiver and will not remove the charge. then Im told the 50.00 upgrade fee was an install charge. I said my install was free..Oh ok then I will remove that.

Needless to say I have fired off an email to them to see if that works, if not I guess I will have to call them, but this is sure as hell not a good start. Should I email ceo@? I mean I have 249 bucks in upgraded charges on my account that should not be there, and then there is the issue of where the 99 payment went..Ugh its crazy anymore trying to find companies that give a crap.

This message has been deleted by Scott Greczkowski. Reason: Removed at the request of Dish Network. No posting unpublished numbers.

See, Uncle Charlie is watching us!:D

You beat me to the basic same comment! If DISH Network peeps are lurking here, they certainly do disguise themselves or simply don't particpate (post). When I was a DirecTV customer, there were at least 2 DirecTV CSRs who regularly posted on the now-defunct DBS forums. They were always helpful and didn't seem intimidated by their employer that they were posting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts