This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

When to use a 22KHz switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

patmos

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
I often read on the forum that some of us use a combination of 22khz switch together with diseqc. What is it for? I understand diseqc switch but liitle of the 22khz. How is it connected to the receiver?
I have three dishes now each with single output LNBs. I want to feed these to my receiver and DVB card. Please help me to find an acceptable scenario for me not to plug and unplug cable each time I want to record some program on the PC. I understand that 22KHz switch will not be easily available here but please help me get an understand. Point me to any diagrams(pictures) or articles that will be of help to me.

a 22k switch can be used in place of a 2x1 Diseqc switch. The other reaosn its used here is for more than 4 LNB's. Here in North America we do not have many switches that are 8x1 or larger and even fewer receivers that can support it.

so we put a 22k switch on the diseqc ports for up to 8 inputs. The only thing is you cannot use a 22k switch with a Universal LNB due to the Universal having an internal 22k switch (for hi & low band)

here is a picture of a 8 LNB setup

Attachments

• 1-rece4.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 920
as for your option the only way is to use the loop out function on the receiver to go to the PC card. The card would get the same polarity as the reciever gets and if the receiver is off, the PC card should be able to get both polarities with no issues

Thank you for answer. I understand I cannot use a 22khz switch as I use Universal lnb. This i did not know that when my receiver is off my pc card can pass thru the receiver up to the dish.

correct. You cannot use a 22k switch with a Universal LNB. Here in No America the only satellite we need a Universal for is PAS9 at 58W. Otherwise standard LNB's work fine

Reactions: Nyanjua
Is that switch same to 0-12V? Can it be replaced with such a switch.

After spending some time here researching, I got the idea from comment Ice made a while ago about the switches.

I am using a Pansat 3500SD that feeds a motor, which is then connected to a 22khz switch, which then feeds 2@ 4X1 diseqc switches. I use one of those diseqc switches for my circular LNBFs and the other diseqc switch to feed my linear LNBFs. What is nice about this setup is that if you mix Linear and Circular LNBFs on the same diseqc you could get some lockups on the receiver (which I was getting). When I did it this way my lock-ups quit completely.

Another nice thing about this, is that I don't move the motor for all these port settings and my receiver will only move the motor on the single Linear and single Circular LNBF only, while the stationary LNBFs are on the other ports...ya-dig?

Can you please check my connection and advise me why am not getting KU on this attachment. am receiving all C band without a hitch, but non of KU

Attachments

• JP 1.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 371
to the forum Nyanjua. There could be several problems causing this symptom. The two most common would be; 1. your dish is not peaked for Ku frequencies. Check to make sure you are aimed correctly. 2. the DiSEqC switch is faulty. You can short out a switch or port on a switch if you do not shut all the power off to your system when connecting and disconnecting switches and LNBs.

Copy that ! I guess might be both. I read on a thread somewhere instruction on how to install the feed horn. My ku band is below the polar axis. About the diseqc. I might wanna change from 1and 4 to 2 and 3

I meant", Chaparral corotor feeds are installed with ku band on the upper side of cband and Inline with polar axis. This is from a forum i read here..
When you look at the feed it shouldn't look inline with the polar axis. It should be 45° angle to the polar axis. The probe is moved 45° from center when energized, one way for horizontal and the other for vertical. Is the probe moving?

Status
Please reply by conversation.