When update from U336?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Have you done a power off reboot? The issues you are having may not be fixed by a software update. Have you contacted support? No one knwos when the next release will be.

I hope that an update is coming soon that corrects the audio dropouts and "black screen" DVR recordings I'm experiencing on my two HWSs.

Where are the "Dirt Guys" when you need them. I updated to the 336 which was a big mistake. The H3 system was installed 12/2015 and was working perfectly. The Dish tech was out Saturday. He checked out the entire system. He said that he could replace the H3 but I declined. No errors were found. Watching the TV where the H3 is located it went to a black screen last night. Of course the Joey also went to the black screen. I had to do a soft reboot. The TV that has the Joey went black screen about 6 or 7 times in as many days. I can recover the Joey by either pushing the select or the power button. So far I did two hard reboots prior going to bed.
Don't even bother calling tech support. The first connection goes to an overseas call center. I know more about the H3 than she did. You could tell by the questions that she was reading off a PC screen. She did connect me to advance tech support. He was more informative. He set up the service call.

The software developers must have some idea that this is going on. Why can't they push the software back to 334?

Where are the "Dirt Guys" when you need them. I updated to the 336 which was a big mistake.
Software revisions and roll-outs are outside of Dirt's wheelhouse. And BTW, they are usually around. Helpers on line, in RED.

Where are the "Dirt Guys" when you need them. I updated to the 336 which was a big mistake. The H3 system was installed 12/2015 and was working perfectly. The Dish tech was out Saturday. He checked out the entire system. He said that he could replace the H3 but I declined. No errors were found. Watching the TV where the H3 is located it went to a black screen last night. Of course the Joey also went to the black screen. I had to do a soft reboot. The TV that has the Joey went black screen about 6 or 7 times in as many days. I can recover the Joey by either pushing the select or the power button. So far I did two hard reboots prior going to bed.
Don't even bother calling tech support. The first connection goes to an overseas call center. I know more about the H3 than she did. You could tell by the questions that she was reading off a PC screen. She did connect me to advance tech support. He was more informative. He set up the service call.

The software developers must have some idea that this is going on. Why can't they push the software back to 334?

My question is why would they allow any updates for something this buggy or is this an isolated problem?

My question is why would they allow any updates for something this buggy or is this an isolated problem?

Primarily because 336 contains the additional Accessibility options like text-to-speech, screen magnification, etc. that had to be released (government mandate) by a certain date back in December, thus they made it "optional" for anyone who needed such assistance could be directed to download this alternate s/w that contained these tools. Folks on here picked up on it and started doing it for other reasons, such as the apparent "fix" for EHDs that 336 seemed to include. Most of the general public probably has no idea that this 336 version even exists unless they specifically called in and asked where the Accessibility tools are.

Reactions: peggy97850 and camo
While we don't know the date for the next update, it's better than the next update for the ViP612 series- which I believe is scheduled for the twelfth of Never.

I just got my H3 updated with U341. No idea what the changes are. No obvious bugs yet, but give it time.
interesting, 336 here, nothing under the tools where the last update was. Lets hope for good things

only issue i'm having is my hopper doesn't seem to turn off after X hours. (336)

I just got my H3 updated with U341. No idea what the changes are. No obvious bugs yet, but give it time.

Same here at 1:24am 1/27/2017. Must be a blanket push because I am usually a month or more behind others when updates come out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)