When Will Dish Fix the New Alaska/Hawaii HD Packages

I have not counted them, but I think I am getting all the AK channels on 129. I have a 622, DPP LNBs on three dishes, with DP33 switch.

The problem I am having is some afternoons when I get home, the 622 is searching for the transponder. It looks like it has been rebooted. I do a check switch and all comes up green, then it loads the guide and all is well. This started about 3 days after I put up the third dish and changed from legacy LNBs to the DPP LNBs. I do use the separator with only one cable from the DP33.

Tom

I have not counted them, but I think I am getting all the AK channels on 129. I have a 622, DPP LNBs on three dishes, with DP33 switch.

The problem I am having is some afternoons when I get home, the 622 is searching for the transponder. It looks like it has been rebooted. I do a check switch and all comes up green, then it loads the guide and all is well. This started about 3 days after I put up the third dish and changed from legacy LNBs to the DPP LNBs. I do use the separator with only one cable from the DP33.

Tom

Interesting that your 622 shows green on the check switch for 129.

If you want to check what channels you are getting against what's available, the Hawaii HD spreadsheet that I attached a few posts up should help. Very similar to AK HD.

Interesting that your 622 shows green on the check switch for 129.

If you want to check what channels you are getting against what's available, the Hawaii HD spreadsheet that I attached a few posts up should help. Very similar to AK HD.

They are all there. Some channel numbers are different and the locals are on 110, but all the HD names are the same as your HI list.

I guess that is good for a do-it-yourself install of a 48 inch dish for 129.

Tom

Just a quick note for the Hawaii guy's

I talked to advanced tech support and scheduled an install to get the new 129.

Dish is going to provide a 1 dish solution to pick up all three sat's. He indicated the dish is a 1000.1 HI as opposed to a different version for Alaska. I'll also be getting a new switch since I'm still using SW21's on my current setup.

Look's like I'll be getting into the 21'st century.

Because of the sensitivity, a professional install is required to get it fine tuned correctly.

I mentioned that some people were missing channels and he indicated that is why.

Install is scheduled for June 4, so I will let you know how it went.

Dune

Dish is going to provide a 1 dish solution to pick up all three sat's. He indicated the dish is a 1000.1 HI as opposed to a different version for Alaska. I'll also be getting a new switch since I'm still using SW21's on my current setup.

Because of the sensitivity, a professional install is required to get it fine tuned correctly.

I mentioned that some people were missing channels and he indicated that is why.

Dune

Are my eyes reading you correctly that your installation on the 4th will be the new 1000.1HI one-dish Hawaii solution and not the 500h that has been around Hawaii for a while (two birds) plus a wing dish? That is so very cool. I knew they could do it with one dish now.

Yep, that's what the advanced tech indicated. He said there are two new dishes, one for Hawaii and one for Alaska.

I would still be happy if they could do it with two dishes.

Dune

A coworker got a new install with the new 30 inch dual dish for 119/129 and a small dish for 110. It worked and he is now getting all of the new Alaska HD channels.

A coworker got a new install with the new 30 inch dual dish for 119/129 and a small dish for 110. It worked and he is now getting all of the new Alaska HD channels.

What part of Alaska? I'm in North Pole, using a 6 foot for 110, 44 inch for 119, and 48 inch for 129. Thinking of putting a 6 foot on the 129 to see if I can see any of the conus transponders. Right now I can't but can see all the Alaska HD channels.

What part of Alaska? I'm in North Pole, using a 6 foot for 110, 44 inch for 119, and 48 inch for 129. Thinking of putting a 6 foot on the 129 to see if I can see any of the conus transponders. Right now I can't but can see all the Alaska HD channels.

Anchorage.

I have a six footer pointed at 129 and can see all of the conus channels. The six footer used to point at 110 and now the 30 incher does with no problems. The only ones in the clear are the RSNs and the premiums(HBO Showtime Etc.) if you pay for them. It's worth it for me, I get around 20 additional premium channels.

Anchorage.

I have a six footer pointed at 129 and can see all of the conus channels. The six footer used to point at 110 and now the 30 incher does with no problems. The only ones in the clear are the RSNs and the premiums(HBO Showtime Etc.) if you pay for them. It's worth it for me, I get around 20 additional premium channels.

I subscribe to everything they have for Alaska, and have an extra 6 foot dish. Looks like it might be worth me putting it up.

I subscribe to everything they have for Alaska, and have an extra 6 foot dish. Looks like it might be worth me putting it up.

You could try pointing the current six footer to make sure it works and one of the smaller dishes might be okay for 110. I was surprised that my smallest dish pointed at 110 was okay. You're a bit farther north, but I hope it works.

You could try pointing the current six footer to make sure it works and one of the smaller dishes might be okay for 110. I was surprised that my smallest dish pointed at 110 was okay. You're a bit farther north, but I hope it works.

I would, but too many trees in the way of the 6 foot. And it is on a larger pipe than the other two, so can't swap it. Time to get the post hole diggers out.

Dune

Did the tech mention how big the new 1000.1 HI 110/119/129 dish is? I don't think the 1000.1 number has been used before. Perhaps it is a 1000.2 with a slightly different oval dish or altered lnb array?

Does anyone else have info on this mystery dish?

He only mentioned that there was one for Hawaii and a different one for Alaska. I'm probably have the number wrong.

Dune

I believe that the 1000.* dishes are numbered as follows:
1000 110/119/129
1000.2 110/119/129
1000.4 61.5/72.7/77
1000+ 110/118.7/119/129

Since there apparently never was a 1000.1, I guess that number could be used for an area-specific dish that is a Hawaii variation on the 1000/1000.2 (I think the 1000.2 replaced the 1000). With a little tweaking, the 1000.2 may work in Hawaii, but it would need a unique name to avoid confusion.

Whatever it's called, I hope you are getting a working, one-dish solution next week.

For what it's worth...when I did my install a few weeks ago they told me I was getting a single dish...

...but when the installer showed up he said they did not have the correct dishes on the island yet and they had to use the 2 dish set-up instead.

For what it's worth...when I did my install a few weeks ago they told me I was getting a single dish...

...but when the installer showed up he said they did not have the correct dishes on the island yet and they had to use the 2 dish set-up instead.

What Island and who did the install?

Dune

That sounds like the 500 H dish for two birds and a wing dish for the other.

Let's hope the new Hawaii one-dish shows up in time for the 6/4 installation that Dune has scheduled. I can't wait to hear about it.

One dish and more HD premiums could put dish in the driver's seat in Hawaii.

I have an install scheduled for Saturday, June 6th. I paid the Dish folks $59 for it. If the installer shows up AND if he doesn't attempt to charge me an additional fee for the installation (as he has in the past), I'll let you know what the dish configuration is as well as the HD channel lineup.

Aloha from the Big Island

Dennis

Dish fixed the HD HGTV feed for Alaska, this was a duplicate of the Food network.

Is Hawaii fixed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)