When Will Dish Give Us Network Hdtv??

yeah I wish they would do the hd white area. And btw its not WCAX's fault that they only send to adelphia. Charter says they will not put in any HD in vermont till 2007 the earliest. They said they wont do it for just 2 local afffiliates to give out HD. (CBS and PBS). This straight from the plant managers mouth for both the Danville and Barre Headend in VT. The person from WCAX told me they would be happy to pass off the HD feed to charter if they wanted it.

jmcgee_jr said:
yeah I wish they would do the hd white area. And btw its not WCAX's fault that they only send to adelphia. Charter says they will not put in any HD in vermont till 2007 the earliest. They said they wont do it for just 2 local afffiliates to give out HD. (CBS and PBS). This straight from the plant managers mouth for both the Danville and Barre Headend in VT. The person from WCAX told me they would be happy to pass off the HD feed to charter if they wanted it.

I guess I stand corrected Jim but with WCAX advertising their HD as an Adelphia "exclusive", it sure looks like they don't intend to offer it to anyone else.

As for Charter, why is he saying only "2 affiliates" ? There's currently CBS, PBS and NBC and I wouldn't be surprised if the other 2 are working on some sort of "closed circut" HD feed capability too. They'd be stupid not to.

Actually Charter is really the short-sighted one here (and don't get me wrong - I really like Audry and the Danville office as far as customer service goes) by holding out.

What's going to happen here is all of a sudden someone else is going to make it all available to Vermont customers and Charter will never be able to catch up.

It's similar to Unicel and their cell phone service here in Vermont. It was all that was available where I live and we could hardly ever get a signal around here - even with 3 watt "bag phones". All of a sudden I find out about an outfit in Southern NH that carries Cingular and in 24 hours I've replaced the 2 bagphones with 3 little Nokias and now get a crystal clear signal anywhere I go in my Vermont area. Unicel lost an 8 year customer because they were so complacient about improving their service.

Yeah WCAX adverts it as adelphia only kinda misleading cause its not thier fault LOL. Charter lost me a while ago for everything. Customer service from the "WITCH" in barre who soundsl ike a guy. No offers for anything decent on pricing. No HD. You know on Dslreports i saw that charter is selling off 250K customers. about 125 are in west virginia and the others to be named soon. I wish we were part of it due to fact that adelphia is about 70% of cable market in VT i wish charter sell off to them.

no im not, sorry for the confusion. I was just hoping someone had heard something about distance networks. :( OTA is non-existant here, and i really dont want direct, but they have the hd distants i want.

hahaha its ok. Yeah OTA is pretty much non existant up here too. without a BAUA and a SUPER expensive amp i woudlnt be able to get anything up here. Even with that 250 bucks plus setup I would be able to get 2 maybe 3 channels thats it. 2 PBS one NBC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)