When will I know that all channels are going through Slimline dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Arkapigdiesel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
I have a second residence, and I'm about to setup a DirecTV dish there also.

Here's my question....my locals are now in HD, so I'm assuming everything has been switched from the 72.5 sat to the new slimline dish. If that's the case, would it be safe to assume when I install the dish at my secondary residence that I can just install the slimline and view my locals also? TIA.

i have a similar question... i just got directv installed today, and they had to put in two dishes, a slimline and a regular dish. The regular dish points at the 72.5... My wife almost killed me when i told her there would be a second dish! Anyway, they told me its only temporary because there was a problem in switching the locals to use the slimline. How will I know when the problem is fixed so I can take the second dish down?

Thanks!
A

They are NOT "switching" the locals to the slimline; they are mirroring them on the slimline. If they actually did switch them totally over, EVERYONE with non-MPEG4 receivers would LOOSE them now!
If you have any SD receivers besides the R22, you will need to have all those receivers upgraded to MPEG4 units first, otherwise you won't be able to get ANY SD locals if you take the 72.5 dish down now.

I have an R22 with both the slimline and standard dish. they told me that i'd be able to get rid of the standard dish at some point soon, but didn't know when... i just don't know how i'll know when i can loose it...

Thanks again

There is no date right now.

The plan is to eventually move all SD locals from 72.5 to 110/119, which are used on the 5lnb slimline.

They also plan to move the internationals from 95 to the slimline.

Both will be mirrored at both locations for a period of time, then eventually, 72.5 and 95 will be discontinued.

No date available. For markets with SD locals on 72 and HD locals, you could go without the wing dish, but you would then only get the locals that are available in HD.

If you want an approximation of date, I'd say sometime in 2009 for mirroring on 110/119, and sometime in 2010 to eliminate 72 and 95.

There is no date right now.

The plan is to eventually move all SD locals from 72.5 to 110/119, which are used on the 5lnb slimline.

They also plan to move the internationals from 95 to the slimline.

Both will be mirrored at both locations for a period of time, then eventually, 72.5 and 95 will be discontinued.

No date available. For markets with SD locals on 72 and HD locals, you could go without the wing dish, but you would then only get the locals that are available in HD.

If you want an approximation of date, I'd say sometime in 2009 for mirroring on 110/119, and sometime in 2010 to eliminate 72 and 95.
I'll probably get two 18" dishes and install them to be on the safe side.

Actually, most SD locals will move to the MPEG4 birds - our SD locals (the ones that are NOT in HD now) are already mirrored there now.

And I thought internationals would be moving to 110/119 instead..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)