When will PBS be in HD?

If PBS in HD is important enough for you, you will go to a provider who has it.

I do have it on cable, but I want to record shows on my DVR so that I can watch them whenever, and I don't want an OTA antenna, and I don't want to pay the outrageous price my cable charges for their DVR.

I know that is my choice, just wishing.

larryf?? how can you be 163 miles from Lubbock and still be in the Lubbock DMA, it's only 120 miles to Amarillo, 135 to Midland/Odessa, 160 miles on 82 puts you in Seymore which is in the Wichita Falls DMA, 160 gets you to Sweetwter and everything west is less than 100 miles to New Mexico?

Those mileages you must either be in the Abilene or Wichita Falls DMA, which means you are closer to Dallas than we are, so you should have no trouble picking up the Dallas spot beam off the 61.5 satellite, if you have a wing pointed that way.

I am in Abilene. I really don't know where my PBS comes from, but since it is not HD I assume it is not KERA. I have never seen it's call letters broadcast, but the local cable co. uses the Lubbock feed, so I thought maybe Dish did also. I do have a dish at 61.5 but receive nothing from Dallas. What would I need to do to get KERA?

I am in Abilene. I really don't know where my PBS comes from, but since it is not HD I assume it is not KERA. I have never seen it's call letters broadcast, but the local cable co. uses the Lubbock feed, so I thought maybe Dish did also. I do have a dish at 61.5 but receive nothing from Dallas. What would I need to do to get KERA?

Would you like to know?.You can check into this information at AntennaWeb or TV Fool . ;)

tvfool doesnt help. Wiki shows he has NO PBS in the market. Cable shows KERA from Dallas

Dish gives him the national feed

To get KERA you will need to be in the DFW DMA. So you will have to "move" for that. BTW if you were to get Lubbock on E* it wouldn't be HD. The Lubbock channels are only SD. Move to Dallas DMA. KERA is a really good PBS station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)