When will they fix ext HDD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Does it meet the specs(first question always). Do you get a pop up plugging it in and unplugging it? Have you had a DIRT member send a hit to it?

my 722k saw my ehd no problem.
can try plugging the ehd into the 722k, if nothing seen then do a hard reset on the 722k, pull the power cord from the wall, let it reboot, it might be seen then.

i had to do that, a holding power button might work too, didn't try, to get my 722k to see my ehd after unplugging it to test on my Hopper 3, then plugged the usb back in, it didn't see it.
not sure if this helps, but worth a try

How do you have a Hopper 3 and a 722. I thought only a 211 was allowed on the same account with a Hopper 3.

Me ??? I have a newer hopper 3 setup, and my old equipment is offline now. I had some shows on the ehd not seen by the hopper 3 before updating the software. I connected the ehd back to the 722k sitting and not connected to the dish..

So only the H3 was working for service, but the old 722 can still use the DVR without a signal.
The 722 is now unplugged and waiting for shipping boxes, since my h3 can now see the ehd.

Me ??? I have a newer hopper 3 setup, and my old equipment is offline now. I had some shows on the ehd not seen by the hopper 3 before updating the software. I connected the ehd back to the 722k sitting and not connected to the dish..

So only the H3 was working for service, but the old 722 can still use the DVR without a signal.
The 722 is now unplugged and waiting for shipping boxes, since my h3 can now see the ehd.
Surprised the Tech wouldn't have just taken the 722 with him.

my 722k saw my ehd no problem.
can try plugging the ehd into the 722k, if nothing seen then do a hard reset on the 722k, pull the power cord from the wall, let it reboot, it might be seen then.

i had to do that, a holding power button might work too, didn't try, to get my 722k to see my ehd after unplugging it to test on my Hopper 3, then plugged the usb back in, it didn't see it.
not sure if this helps, but worth a try
Done more than once.

Just had a long discussion on the ext HDD problem. After way too much time w/a tech support CSR. I asked for the supervisor and found out that it is a S/W issue. Her is what she told me.
I am showing that we do have a estimated resolve date of 2/2 which is going to be not this Thursday but the following Thursday on that date you should get new software pushed to your equipment that should resolve the technical issue you are currently having with your hard drive.
So nothing can be done till then unless DIRT can push the S/W fix now.

... So nothing can be done till then unless DIRT can push the S/W fix now.

The DIRT folks are good but to get new software completed, beta tested and pushed to a particular receiver is a little more than should be expected and way above their pay grade. :biggrin

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts