When will U-verse come to my town.

wellze

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
I live in Kimberly,Wi. 54136 is there a list or info on U-verse release . Appleton went online last summer and I heard it would be offered in my area in 2009. Man I'm really getting tired of the crap Dish is pulling. Its time to change. Any info would be great.

Lets start with rate increase no new HD. Bad customer service. I don't talk Indian.

Thanks for the welcome Paradox-SJ. I've been a checking out Sat. guys for a couple of years now. Very good info. Its great to get the news, you can't count on Dish for any news thats real. Man I really wanted this new HD real to come true. My kids have been without Nick ever since I changed over to Turbo Gold. I just thought its time to check out U-Verse. I think the all in one bundles would be nice. I just haven't heard any new updates coming for new city release.

wellze. I just recently got Uverse, and it has been good for me, but keep in mind no service out there doesn't have there issues

I still have Dish, but have downgraded to very basic service.

My biggest gripe with Dish is you never know when they are going to play one of their games, and a channel you like gets removed

I liked Voom, and I guess I could understand why Charlie made the decision to remove Voom because he wanted to get more mainstream HD. Fine

However, the games he played really hit me when he got rid of Smithsonian. I know a lot of people argued it was fine with them because they showed a lot of repeats, but hell he replaced it with C/I. That is when I signed up for Uverse. Free installation, 30 day money back guarentee, and no contract.

The negatives of Uverse are only 2 HD and 2 SD simultaneous streams, and a few other little things, but there HD selection is terrific

I assume you are not in an area where FIOS is either, because that would be the way to go if you could

I don't see Direct playing the same games that Dish does, but Direct requires a two year contract

I just got tired of the games Charlie played, and when he removed Smithsonian, it gave me the excuse to try something else. It wasn't the removal of Smithsonian itself, but the perceived attitude I got from Dish that we are doing YOU the customer a favor.

Whether it was hauling out a whole bunch of cash for new receivers, which had their share of bugs in the early days, to being soooooo grateful when Charlie decided to throw us a bone and give us a NEW HD channel

Hell, I am the customer, and why should I feel loyal to a service if I don't feel they perform?

Competition is what made this country great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)