When will VOOM ever get HD Net?

mrhookup,
Welcome to the forum!
No word on HDNet. I wouldn't expect it soon.
VOOM STB supports 480p, 720p and 1080i, if that's what you are asking.
Component and DVI. No DTS, just DD5.1

try poking around this forum.. all of this has been covered.

hdnet = no
480p - 720p = depends on what you're asking.. the box outputs these formats..
dvi = yes
dts = I'm not sure

Maybe not,Dolen and Cuban don't get along,something about their ownership of their teams in the NBA,it has been reported here in this forum and others like this one at AVSForums:
Originally posted by SonyHD
I had emailed Mark Cuban directly and had asked him if HDNet would be carried on Voom anytime soon. He basically said that HDNet would NOT appear on Voom at all.

The VOOM channels already show much of the same content on Hdnets--in some cases, the same content on the same day--with obvious exception to the NHL hockey, MLS soccer, and other Hdnet original content (World News Report, Bikini Destinations, etc), so I'm not sure there's that much to gain by adding those channels.

Certain older shows in HD like Wiseguy,Hogan Heroes ,The Agency,A lot of other TV shows that only last 1 or 2 seasons,kind of like TVLand with no real Theme to what they(HDNet) show,the biggest catch is reruns of Smallville in HD,the Voom channels from what I read here are quite lacking(Cinema 10 channels for example-the same movie all day a few times a week-they would be a lot better if they knock them down to 5 for content and make them to theme channels like the monstersHD channel or the SD encore channels-DramaHD,WesternHD,ActionHD,CompanyHD,Sci-Fi MoviesHD)but on the other hand a lot of the movies suck on HDNet's HDMovies channel,they also do too many repeats(but so do HBO,Showtime,Starz but at least they are newer)

It's a little annoying that whatever spat went on is preventing two entities dedicated to the notion that high definition programming is important from working together.

Corporations shouldn't behave like little kids (even though they often do).

JWK said:
It's a little annoying that whatever spat went on is preventing two entities dedicated to the notion that high definition programming is important from working together.

Corporations shouldn't behave like little kids (even though they often do).
I agree..................

Ken F said:
The VOOM channels already show much of the same content on Hdnets--in some cases, the same content on the same day--with obvious exception to the NHL hockey, MLS soccer, and other Hdnet original content (World News Report, Bikini Destinations, etc), so I'm not sure there's that much to gain by adding those channels.
your kidding right? HDnet is THE #1 HD station. Best quality and great content. I would give up worldsport in a heartbeat for it. Bikini destinations is awesome, NHL hockey in 1080i beats the socks off ESPNHD hockey. MLS soccer would be much more desireable to the US sports fans. ( VOOM doesnt broadcast in europe but we have a european soccer channel? what marketing rocket scientist thought of that one?)

bruce said:
(Cinema 10 channels for example-the same movie all day a few times a week-they would be a lot better if they knock them down to 5 for content and make them to theme channels like the monstersHD channel or the SD encore channels-DramaHD,WesternHD,ActionHD,CompanyHD,Sci-Fi MoviesHD)but on the other hand a lot of the movies suck on HDNet's HDMovies channel,they also do too many repeats(but so do HBO,Showtime,Starz but at least they are newer)
Dude ive been screaming the exact same thing!

vurbano said:
MLS soccer would be much more desireable to the US sports fans. ( VOOM doesnt broadcast in europe but we have a european soccer channel? what marketing rocket scientist thought of that one?)

For what it's worth - as a soccer fan, I'm 1,000,000x more excited to see these European league games than I would to see MLS games. I'd think most other American soccer fans would agree.

I mean, do you think that in Italy they complain about having NFL games on instead of an Italian Football League? Yeah, right.

That being said, HDNet is a MUST have for Voom if they are to have credibility as "THE" HD provider.

vurbano said:
your kidding right? HDnet is THE #1 HD station. Best quality and great content. I would give up worldsport in a heartbeat for it. Bikini destinations is awesome, NHL hockey in 1080i beats the socks off ESPNHD hockey. MLS soccer would be much more desireable to the US sports fans. ( VOOM doesnt broadcast in europe but we have a european soccer channel? what marketing rocket scientist thought of that one?)

Finally making some sense "dude"

YOU GUYS FORGET HDNET. Mark Cuban Has A Long Black History With Cablevision In The Dallas Market About Basketball. He Has Stated He Has No Interest At This Time In Giving HDNET or HDMovies To Cablevision Or VOOM.
Check Out hd.net And See All Cable & Satellite Operators That Carry HDNET. It Would Appear That Most Operators In The U.S. Do Except Cablevision/VOOM

I had HDNEt and I liked it very much. The Hockey was great....but, I think Voom's lineup as a whole outways HDNET. I would never go back to Directv's HD when I could have VOOM's HD. I watch Monsters HD more than I ever watched HDNET.
Also, on the DTS sound comment....I really dont ever recall that ever being done on any Sat, Cable or any other provider...ever. Thats for DVD....but not for OTA or anything like Sat...5.1 sound has been a constant on alot of pay ch's and VOOM's exclusive ch's. Also, I have been getting 5.1 on ABC-DT. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

Its the other way around James Dolan HATES Mark Cuban. He also will not share the MSGHD or FSNYHD feeds with Mark Cuban for broadcast on HDNet.
He also has a personal rivalry with him in the NBA. James Dolan - President of Cablevision - owns the Knicks
Mark Cuban owns the Mavaricks
If Cablevision wanted HDNet they could have it tommarrow if needed. It is just personal and spiteful. HDNet needs CV/VOOM more than VOOM needs CV.

deArgila said:
For what it's worth - as a soccer fan, I'm 1,000,000x more excited to see these European league games than I would to see MLS games. I'd think most other American soccer fans would agree.

I mean, do you think that in Italy they complain about having NFL games on instead of an Italian Football League? Yeah, right.

That being said, HDNet is a MUST have for Voom if they are to have credibility as "THE" HD provider.
Do you think americans would rather watch italian football instead of the NFL? LAst time I checked Voom was operating in the US. I am sure Voom would have more viewers in europe for worldsport than in the US. The reason why we have ended up with B or C league sports programming (or windsurfing...wtf?) is probably because Worldsport simply cannot be seen by anyone. Therefore the programming will probably always be lacking. same thing with most of the exclusives. You will never have the NBA,NHL, NFL, MLS, etc on Worldsport (maybe not even college basketball, or college baseball or college hockey). HDNet on the other hand is being more widely distributed and is more attractive for Major american sports like the NHL.

I Agree I Like Worldsports, Monsters & Rush A Lot More The HDNET. What I Like On HDNET Is Shows Like Odyssey5 & Some of The Sporting Events.

The Only Way You Can Here DTS Is On DVD's Or Go To The Movies.
It Was Decided A Couple Years Ago That The New Sound Standard For Digital TV Would Be Dolby Digital 5.1.

vurbano said:
Do you think americans would rather watch italian football instead of the NFL? LAst time I checked Voom was operating in the US. I am sure Voom would have more viewers in europe for worldsport than in the US. The reason why we have ended up with B or C league sports programming (or windsurfing...wtf?) is probably because Worldsport simply cannot be seen by anyone.

I don't know why I'm bothering trying to explain this again to you - but, here it goes ...

The soccer games on Worldsport may not interest you very much - but - AS A SOCCER FAN IN AMERICA - this is as good as it gets. The Spanish Premier League is one of the top 3 leagues in the World, if not THE very best.

MLS is a joke - at least in comparison.

We don't want to watch Italian Football League in the US because Italian Football League sucks - not because it's Italian.

I don't want to watch MLS soccer just because it's "American" - I want to watch good soccer. And Voom gives us that with WorldsportHD.

but really how many soccer fans of any leauge are there in the USA,compared to other sports.i think voom should ditch the world sports and go out and try to get something like sprint car racing, fromula 1 racing,or any form of racing that they can get.i would bet they would get alot of people to sign up just for a channel like that.have u seen the preview on rush with the baja trucks with robby gordon?it looked breath taking.i am a not a huge baja truck racing fan, and i would not tune into something like that if it was on espn sd or something , but when u see it in jaw dropping hd i wait around on rush to see the preview.come on voom add a racing channel.

Just to back up arGila -

La Liga in HD is a coup. The average soccer fan living in the U.S. is much more interested in La Liga than in the MSL. I wouldn't mind having the MSL HD game but I specifically subscribed to Voom for WorldSports live La Liga coverage. UEFA Cup in HD is a coup. The average soccer fan in the U.S. would much prefer this to watching MSL in HD. WorldSport has filled a very smart niche area for those of us that are interested in watching world sports not domestic sports. There are all sorts of channels for domestic sports, watch them. It fits into the viewerspace in the same way as Fox Sports World does in the SD world. This constant bitching about WorldSport is about like saying the Soap Network isn't ever going to make it and it ought to start showing sitcoms or the Game Show Network needs to show police dramas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)