When will we get MGMHD and Chiller HD and Cartoon Network Network HD

I already get Cartoon network HD.... oh wait that's just the SD version stretched.

Seriously, what if anything on Cartoon Network is available in HD? I'm all for it if there's actually some content.

Will we see more HD on May the 1st or will we have to wait untill November. Will the next big roll out be the Cartoon network MGMHD and Chiller HD will it come soon enough. Will we start calling dish names again?? someone had to start a hate or hopefull thread.
Agitator! Insurgent! :dev

I already get Cartoon network HD.... oh wait that's just the SD version stretched.

Seriously, what if anything on Cartoon Network is available in HD? I'm all for it if there's actually some content.

If you want to get the HD only package and have kids cartoon network is a must. The animated voom channel just wont cut it.

I am now at the point that locals become the target. the national HD channels on dish are now sufficient for my tastes to warrant switching to HD only. the only reason i do not do so is that they do not yet carry my locals(jackson, MS). they are currently saying "soon". But I can wait. BSG in HD is why HD was invented. just my humble opinion, but...

Universal HD does indeed censor its content. I watch several shows on that channel and the censorship is obvious. I am also someone who has litterally not watched USA in years, but now that it's in HD, I have watched several programs on it. As soon as Disney HD launches on Dish (for the kids), I'm probably going to switch to HD-only.

I just visited the MGM HD website. I can wait a LONG time for that one.

I just visited the MGM HD website. I can wait a LONG time for that one.

I just looked at their website and want it by tomorrow morning for the Billy Wilder marathon. :(

And Night of the Hunter and Cutter's Way in HD. And Raise the Red Lantern and My Beautiful Laundrette. Hell yeah.

Fortunately, it looks like they'll re-run stuff. Might be better, given my huge movie backlog on the 722.

The new season of the Venture Brothers will be in HD, and that's supposed to air in June. I just want them to launch it before that.

I am now at the point that locals become the target. the national HD channels on dish are now sufficient for my tastes to warrant switching to HD only. the only reason i do not do so is that they do not yet carry my locals(jackson, MS). they are currently saying "soon". But I can wait. ...
There is no need to wait because of locals. The dishHD (only) package w/ locals includes your SD locals whether or not your HD locals are available yet. And it includes the SD versions of all of the HD channels + SD public intrest channels + SD shopping channels, etc.

The only reasons not to switch to dishHD (only) is if you want some SD only national(s) and/or some sports package(s) (e.g. RSNs).

Talon Dancer

I am now at the point that locals become the target. the national HD channels on dish are now sufficient for my tastes to warrant switching to HD only. the only reason i do not do so is that they do not yet carry my locals(jackson, MS). they are currently saying "soon". But I can wait. BSG in HD is why HD was invented. just my humble opinion, but...

I'm hearing they are scheduled this week but that could be delayed by a week or two. Also FOX might be missing in that lineup. You'd probably be better off "moving" to Birmingham, AL since they have all 4 locals and they are on a spotbeam on 119 that covers MS.

I'm hearing they are scheduled this week but that could be delayed by a week or two. Also FOX might be missing in that lineup. You'd probably be better off "moving" to Birmingham, AL since they have all 4 locals and they are on a spotbeam on 119 that covers MS.

thanks for the info. FOX missing is not a problem. its the only channell i have no problem whatsoever in recieving off the air. The CW afiliate in my area isn't even broadcasting in digital yet. the NBC affiliate has had OTA problems since their main broadcast tower fell down I think it was 3 years ago. there are little problems in recieving the digital signals of all the locals in Jackson. even people with the big attic, and outdoor antennas tell me their reception sucks. if it were just me, i would already be on HD only. my wife is the one who can't live without the broadcast networks, and locals. I have an HD-DVD player, a PS3, XBOX 360, and now that Sci fi has been added to the dish HD lineup I am pretty much set. the wife however has to see her greys anatomy, and big brother, and survivor....

There is no need to wait because of locals. The dishHD (only) package w/ locals includes your SD locals whether or not your HD locals are available yet. And it includes the SD versions of all of the HD channels + SD public intrest channels + SD shopping channels, etc.

The only reasons not to switch to dishHD (only) is if you want some SD only national(s) and/or some sports package(s) (e.g. RSNs).

Talon Dancer

There are a few of the SD nationals that I would like to keep around now that I REALLY think about it. I gotta have my top gear on BBCA. there are others as well. I did not know that SD locals were included with the package, that is good to know.

I know your wife's feeling... 90% of our TV watching is ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC in our house.

it drives me up the wall. I can't stand the broadcast networks. I am a computer tech by trade, and the term "Techno Facist" has been used to describe me. I have a very darwinian view when it comes to new technology. that is when new technology comes along the old technology should dissappear as quickly as possible. the faster broadcast networks become obsolete, and dissappear the better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts