When will??.....

n1wbd

Thread Starter
Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
826
0
Grafton,NH
WMUR-TV be made available to all of us NH residents now that the rules have been changed so we can receive it as a significally viewed channel. I understand WMUR has been moved to ECHO X. I know Directv is now giving the channel to all NH residents.

Us NH residents here in the rural part of the state can't recieve it OTA and our only alternative is WNNE in White River Jct VT just over the border from Lebanon,NH they do a very poor job of covering the news in my area and WMUR is the only channel covering my area of the state and I can't recieve it via Dish Network. Please Dish Network if your reading this please throw the switch and give us WMUR!!

If anyone has a contact at Dish could you ask and see if you can get an answer I have tried emailin Charlie's office to no avail.
With all the rains we had here and the flooding that was going on in the area WMUR was the only station giving bulletins every hour unfortunately I could'nt watch it and had to rely on the WMUR website for info.

Thanks for letting me vent. BTW had some nasty flooding up here. I just came back from Bristol NH and the National Guard is denying access to the downtown area because of a dam that may breach.

Thanks again for letting me vent if anyone can get any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Bob N1WBD
Grafton,NH
 
Last edited by a moderator:

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
16,724
4,538
Norris, TN
I don't have any info for you, but my thoughts are with you. I hope that you and your family are safe and sound up there. Stay dry!
 

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
3,439
1
Vermont
n1wbd said:
WMUR-TV be made available to all of us NH residents now that the rules have been changed so we can receive it as a significally viewed channel. I understand WMUR has been moved to ECHO X. I know Directv is now giving the channel to all NH residents.

Us NH residents here in the rural part of the state can't recieve it OTA and our only alternative is WNNE in White River Jct VT just over the border from Lebanon,NH they do a very poor job of covering the news in my area and WMUR is the only channel covering my area of the state and I can't recieve it via Dish Network. Please Dish Network if your reading this please throw the switch and give us WMUR!!

If anyone has a contact at Dish could you ask and see if you can get an answer I have tried emailin Charlie's office to no avail. If you don't want to answer in the pub you can email me at n1wbd@arrl.net.

With all the rains we had here and the flooding that was going on in the area WMUR was the only station giving bulletins every hour unfortunately I could'nt watch it and had to rely on the WMUR website for info.

Thanks for letting me vent. BTW had some nasty flooding up here. I just came back from Bristol NH and the National Guard is denying access to the downtown area because of a dam that may breach.

Thanks again for letting me vent if anyone can get any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Bob N1WBD
Grafton,NH

Anyone got any national news media connections? Bob's right. I live right across the river from him in Vermont and during this flooding, WMUR was the best source (only one most of the time) for up to date road and bridge closings in our area.

If I didn't have basic cable, I would not have gotten WMUR (which by the way IS listed by the FCC as SV) Dish should be embarassed. They provide this channel to Boston residents but not to many of the Vt / NH residents that depend on it for local coverage.
 

n1wbd

Thread Starter
Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
826
0
Grafton,NH
lakebum431 said:
Bob might not want his E-mail address outside of the Pub area.

Thats ok no problem. I just hope someone has a contact at Dish to provide a answer. If Directv can give WMUR to all NH residents why can't Dish?? They give WMUR to the Boston local package all they have to do is "throw the switch" to give WMUR to the rest of the state.
 

n1wbd

Thread Starter
Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
826
0
Grafton,NH
waltinvt said:
Anyone got any national news media connections? Bob's right. I live right across the river from him in Vermont and during this flooding, WMUR was the best source (only one most of the time) for up to date road and bridge closings in our area.

If I didn't have basic cable, I would not have gotten WMUR (which by the way IS listed by the FCC as SV) Dish should be embarassed. They provide this channel to Boston residents but not to many of the Vt / NH residents that depend on it for local coverage.

Thanks WaltinVT for your comments I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to complain about this. :-D


Have you or anyone watch the WNNE news that they offer between 5pm and 6:30pm?? All it is is a simulcast of the WPTZ news from Plattsburgh NY!! I don't know about you Walt but I live in NH and want NH news and I'm sure where you are you want more news from the White River Jct area. Now WNNE is running promos telling everyone how great their coverage was of the floods!!! Total BS!! Walt if you can compare the "WNNE" news vs WMUR and you tell me who does a better job. You know the best part what few stories they run about NH news 99% is taken from WMUR and claimed as it own.

Well I suppose it is true because both WNNE and WMUR are owned by Hearst-Argyle.

Please Dish get on the ball and give us NH residents WMUR!! MY NH Reps. and Senators helped get the law changed so we can get our local news in our state. You have moved WMUR over to 110 from 61.5 so there is no reason why you can't "throw the switch"

Sorry folks just had to vent. This issue which maybe petty to most but is a big deal to alot of us in NH.

Bob N1WBD
Grafton,NH
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
444
181
Mankato, MN
I dont blame you bob one bit for being mad. I know there were issues when WMUR was on 61.5 because Dish didnt want to foot the bill for installs of must carry dishes in areas where no other channels were on 61.5

Now that its on 110, they should add it to all NH customers. They do that with the "state" PBS ones, regardless if locals are available, you get that PBS channel
 

n1wbd

Thread Starter
Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
826
0
Grafton,NH
Iceberg said:
D'OH!
I edited it ouot...sorry bob. I just edited the "e-mail me at ______________"


Thats ok Iceberg, I'll just list it here again :-D

If there is someone at Dish Network that can provide an answer but don't wish to list it here email me at n1wbd@arrl.net
Or Scott if you could dig into this question via your contacts. :-D


Thanks
Bob N1WBD
 
Last edited:

n1wbd

Thread Starter
Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
826
0
Grafton,NH
Iceberg said:
I dont blame you bob one bit for being mad. I know there were issues when WMUR was on 61.5 because Dish didnt want to foot the bill for installs of must carry dishes in areas where no other channels were on 61.5

Now that its on 110, they should add it to all NH customers. They do that with the "state" PBS ones, regardless if locals are available, you get that PBS channel


Well Ice we don't get NH PBS here we have to take VT and Upstate NY PBS!! MORE BS!! Directv gives NH residents NH PBS but not Dish for us that live outside the Boston DMA
 
Last edited:

DanME

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 13, 2005
26
0
I'm just across the border in Maine. The cable which goes right by my house has all the Boston channels. It does not include WMUR, but in other areas of Maine south
of me on the NH border they do include WMUR on the cable. I would like to get WMUR as well as the Boston stations on Dish. They are listed as SV channels for my area. Dish needs to get with it !!! At the moment all I can get from Dish is the Maine package.
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
444
181
Mankato, MN
n1w (or someone else who can chime in)

There are 2 stations in NH and you can't get EITHER?? (NH PBS and WMUR)
If those are "state" channels, that's pretty crappy that Dish doesnt give them to the whole state.
 

n1wbd

Thread Starter
Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
826
0
Grafton,NH
Iceberg said:
n1w (or someone else who can chime in)

There are 2 stations in NH and you can't get EITHER?? (NH PBS and WMUR)
If those are "state" channels, that's pretty crappy that Dish doesnt give them to the whole state.

That is correct. If you live within the Boston DMA you receive WMUR-TV Ch 9 NH's only network affiliate (ABC) and also WENH-TV ch 11 (NH PBS)

Outside of the Boston DMA I don't get either one of these stations. In my case I have to take Burlington VT locals. I think there is 1 NH county that can only receive Portland,ME Locals

Now here is the kicker if I lived less than 2 miles down the road East of me I can receive the Boston locals.

All I want is WMUR!!! If Dish threw in NH PBS that would be a bonus.

Bob N1WBD
Grafton,NH
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
444
181
Mankato, MN
n1w
there might be some good news. Dish mapped a couple channels fro WMUR in the significantly viewed area of the charts (6200's). Check the Uplink thread for this week for more info (page 3)

its uplninked and not available yet but it looks like you might be getting WMUR soon :)
 

n1wbd

Thread Starter
Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
826
0
Grafton,NH
Iceberg said:


Lets hope that it'll be turned on soon!! We have more heavy rain forecasted for tonite.

2 dams over in Bristol NH are still in danger of breaching Bristol, is only 14 miles from me. WMUR has been the only station with coverage of the area here WNNE only comes on at 5 pm as part of the regular news.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts

Top