SNY vs ESPN-HD

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
Anothe wacko regulation. Tonight I can receive the NY Mets on SNY in SD, but the same game is blacked out on ESPN-HD !:mad: :confused:

BobMurdoch said:
Another subtle way that Bud Selig and company use to try to push us back to cable....

Exactly ! My local cable company airs the Yankee, Met and Phillies games. Most are blacked out on my dish. How can the cable co air these games in my area and not Dish Network ? I am in PA, 4 miles from the NY border.

jmd102354 said:
Exactly ! My local cable company airs the Yankee, Met and Phillies games. Most are blacked out on my dish. How can the cable co air these games in my area and not Dish Network ? I am in PA, 4 miles from the NY border.

Very simple. You live in the home team area of the Mets, Yankees, and Phillies. Dish only carries the RSN of the Mets, your cable company carries all 3. The games that are blacked out on ESPN are correct because you have to watch your team on their RSN.

Last edited:
BFG said:
Very simple. You live in the home team area of the Mets, Yankees, and Phillies. Dish only carries the RSN of the Mets, your cable company carries all 3. The games that are blacked out on ESPN are correct because you have to watch your team on their RSN.

. . . even if you can't receive your local rsn's.

Why does DTV give you all of the regional sports networks you are "qualified" for, but Dish takes it upon themselves to decide for you which ones you get, thus preventing you from seeing some "local" teams on regional networks (when they don't give you the "regional" networks).

WHO ARE THEY PROTECTING????

This whole thing is so aggrevating.