Where are FSN Florida and SUN SPorts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scarson79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
Im thinking of moving eithe there or Pittsburg (pirates). if i move to get those two i'll probaly move somwhere in the state where youll get both but i notice where the head honcho around here posted something yeserday evenning that said they were on 61.5 and i dont think i get that. can anybody get those networsk in multiport or if they move to that area

If you mean the HD versions, then they are on 61.5. Most other RSNs are on 129 but there are a few on 61.5.

Since you are talking baseball, could I ask a question? Does anyone know anything about PeachTreeTv that will carry 45 Braves games this year. Will we be able to get it on Dish? Directv or cable or is it just for the Atlanta area, any info would be appreciated, I am a true Braves fan and sure will be upset if I can't get 45 of their games.

Thanks for any help.

Since you are talking baseball, could I ask a question? Does anyone know anything about PeachTreeTv that will carry 45 Braves games this year. Will we be able to get it on Dish? Directv or cable or is it just for the Atlanta area, any info would be appreciated, I am a true Braves fan and sure will be upset if I can't get 45 of their games.

Thanks for any help.

That network is only available in the Atlanta area. Depending on where you live, you may be able to "move" and get the network -- just be advised that you will lose any of your own locals as well as your local RSN. DISH is currently carrying that network (I live in the area) but since I get it on basic cable, I moved to Charlotte so I could get a few more teams. WOW, though, I didn't even realize (until reading your post) that 45 of their games would be on Peachtree TV! If you can tell us where you live, somebody may be able to tell you if you are within the spot beam of that channel.

Cade

Im thinking of moving eithe there or Pittsburg (pirates). if i move to get those two i'll probaly move somwhere in the state where youll get both but i notice where the head honcho around here posted something yeserday evenning that said they were on 61.5 and i dont think i get that. can anybody get those networsk in multiport or if they move to that area

You can move to Mobile, Alabama where, according to the blackout map, you'll get the Braves, Rays, and the Marlins. And, speaking of the Marlins, I was quite positive they'd be moved sometime very soon but, according to recent news reports and a friend in Miami, it looks like they have some very positive ideas for a new stadium that are finally being embraced by the public. Good for them -- they are two time World Series Champions and deserve the good news. Anyways, I just saw a second post that indicated you had already moved to Chicago... Do you have any idea who your favorite teams are? :D You'll get the SD versions just fine should you decide to move to that area (or Pittsburgh).

Cade

fhsucade07, thanks so much for the info, I live in the Columbus, MS area. Did I understand you that Dish has this channel? I have the 250 Pkg and the $20 HD package. I have searched the guide and have not found PeachtreeTV. I would gladly pay extra for it, I just don't want to miss 45 of the Braves games. I sure don't want to have to go to directv for their MLB package in order to get these games. You have given me hope that I might get it from Dish...
Thanks again,
bumblebee8

fhsucade07, thanks so much for the info, I live in the Columbus, MS area. Did I understand you that Dish has this channel? I have the 250 Pkg and the $20 HD package. I have searched the guide and have not found PeachtreeTV. I would gladly pay extra for it, I just don't want to miss 45 of the Braves games. I sure don't want to have to go to directv for their MLB package in order to get these games. You have given me hope that I might get it from Dish...
Thanks again,
bumblebee8

From Columbus, MS, you'll need to "move" to the Atlanta area in order to be able to subscribe to Peachtree TV. You'll need to check the spot beam maps but, realistically, I don't know if it's going to be possible to get it from your area (due to spot beam coverage areas). There really isn't any need to go to DirecTV because, considering that you are in the Braves territory, you'd just be blacked out on Extra Innings from watching the Braves (you'd need to rely on your RSN much like you do with DISH).

Cade

Cade, thanks for your reply. I will consider the possiblity of "moving" but it doesn't seem right to have to do something like that to get that station. I also looked up MLB.com to see if I could subscribe to their online baseball but the only team that would be blacked out for me would be the Braves so that is a no go. I'll probley have to sign up for their radio broadcasts just to listen to the games. This really stinks, we are retired and really looked forward each night to watch the Braves. Anyway, thanks again for your info.

bumblebee8

No problem. A lot of these blackout rules suck for a lot of people!

Cade
This issue(local origin tv services broadcasting major league sports) is the heart of the blackout "mess'...Not a Braves fan. But I find it illogical for a team to be able to claim vast areas as being within it's territory, yet deny tv coverage to most of those areas. The introduction of tv services owned by teams who's coverage area is limited to the city of origin and the immediate surrounding area is so illogical that those who are fans cannot even purchase the games if they wished.

IMO there should be NO blackouts. If I wish to pay for it, i should be able to watch it. We live in a technological age that rapidly moving forward. However the mentality of some still exists in the 1950's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)