where are the Cavalier's games?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomyo10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
erie, pa
I live in Erie, PA and CH 425 (Fox- Ohio) is the Cleveland Cavs Network. For some reason this season, these games are blacked out to me. I've had Dish for 10 years and they have never been blacked out.

I've tried talking to Dish but they know nothing and give me the same babble about how they have no control over the situation.

Can anyone here give me a reasonable explanation?

We can take a look at that for you. If you want to send me PM we can see what has changed. I show Erie, PA should be getting Root Sports Pittsburgh, but I could be looking under the wrong zip code.

We can take a look at that for you. If you want to send me PM we can see what has changed. I show Erie, PA should be getting Root Sports Pittsburgh, but I could be looking under the wrong zip code.

I sent you a PM- but the reason I went with Dish over DTV was because you had the Cavs games available and DTV didn't. Now you are both the same.

which is also his thread that he started. Apparently he didn't remember starting it. :)

which is also his thread that he started. Apparently he didn't remember starting it. :)
Trying to get a different answer by asking the same question worded differently.
It is clear through looking at the zip code info that the Cavs have excluded Erie from their territory.

If the Cav's are that important, then it's time to "move" back into Cleveland territory.

I did remember, but thought it was because of the free opening week of NBA League Pass.

But in any instance, apparently it's not Cleveland or Fox OHIO who made the final decision. This is what I got from Fox:

"Thank you for your email. In the last Dish/FOX negotiation, we asked Dish to carry FOX Sports Ohio as an in-market Regional Sports Network to the same footprint that cable carries. Dish refused, so they do not get the channel nor the pro-product that comes with the territory. Our only advice would be for you to call Dish and ask them to carry FSO."

Still, that answer from Fox does not answer the underlying question. Neither Dish nor Direct carry Cavs games in Erie, due to the team itself and the NBA changing their designated market area.

Here is the answer straight from the Cavs:

"If a satellite subscriber lives in zip codes 164--, 165--, they will not be able to receive Cavs games on satellite. You’ll see those zips have been pulled from the list. The reason is we have a cable affiliate there which carries FS Ohio. Satellite has not been willing to carry FS Ohio as their local RSN within those zips. Those Zips (164, 165) are within our RSN area and team territory area.”

This is an issue between Dish Network and FSO. Even if you subscribed to NBA League Pass, you would not be able to view the Cavs because they would be blacked out."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts