Where are the Cutting Edge Announcements? (April 2023 version)

DataDigesters

Original poster
Cutting Edge
Apr 25, 2023
AL, NY, NC
If you are a regular Cutting Edge participant, and you no longer see the Cutting Edge Announcements, Issues, and Discussion forums here under Cutting Edge Information, then you have been affected by our attempts to restrict the Cutting Edge group to only DirecTV Satellite customers who want to test pre-release software. If you fit that description and don't see those forum names, then you are no longer a member of the group. If you can agree to our rules in the Welcome Post, click on the link there to re-join us. Until you do, you will not be notified of new announcements.

- Tom Speer, posting as a non CE member.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, I hope that I have rejoined the group. Even though I am moving to streaming (4k devices). I will download and test new software. My TV and streaming devices are 4k The TV up converts the DTV satellite equipment video close to 4k. I also have high speed internet which helps streaming. Yours, caseyf57

Hello everyone, I hope that I have rejoined the group. Even though I am moving to streaming (4k devices). I will download and test new software. My TV and streaming devices are 4k The TV up converts the DTV satellite equipment video close to 4k. I also have high speed internet which helps streaming. Yours, caseyf57
From the labels under yoiur Avatar, you are not currently a member of the Cutting Edge group. Go to the Welcome to the Cutting Edge post and click on the link at the bottom to join (not the final link in that post). Carefully follow the instructions for joining and make sure you don't remove yourself after you join, because the process provides that possibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Ortiz
I’m not getting the ce announcement anymore. I want to receive the announcements. I check it show I’m still a member.

I see that you have not successfully managed to join the Cutting Edge group. Try this: Go to the Welcome to Cutting Edge post. Use the last link in the post to remove any remnants of your old registration prior to May 30. Then go back to the welcome post and use the Join link.

larry55: this also applies to you, and anyone else who was a member before we purged the membership on May 30.

I see that you have not successfully managed to join the Cutting Edge group. Try this go to the Welcome to the DIRECTV Cutting Edge Forum post. Use the last link in the post to remove any remnants of your old registration prior to May 30. Then go back to the welcome post and use the Join link.
I’m not getting the ce announcement anymore. I want to receive the announcements. I check it show I’m still a member.
see the previous post

If yoiu do not see the Blue "Cutting Edge"band below your Avatar on the left of your posts, you are not a member of the Cutting Edge group created on May 30. Your old membership is invalid. Folloe the instructions above to first remove yourself from the group leftover from when we first transferred to SatelliteGuys on May 6. Then read the rules in the Welcome post and re-join there.

I thought that the problems that larry55 and caseyf57 are having might be related to different browsers. I just used a non-staff member account DataDigesters, to go through the process using Firefox, and there was no problem. I can't test Safari. There are no Apples in my house.

Hello everyone, I hope that I have rejoined the group.

Since you two are having difficulty with the process, and are still not members, I thought I might mention that there is a CE tonight. I will be monitoring this thread (topic) this evening, if I can provide any more guidance, after you read the above posts.