Where are the international ch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimoli

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
If I get one of the new 5 LNB dish (slim?) can I get the Brazilian Globo which will start in January? How do I know where each channel is located?

Thanks

Sergio

TV Globo Internacional Américas?

Likely with all the other internationals on DirecTV USA on Galaxy 3C at 95.0°w which the PhaseIII and 5LNB dish will not "see". You will have to add the dish needed & aimed specifically at Galaxy 3C at 95.0°w

Sorry, but what's ODU? Isn't the new dish supposed to view the 95 W?

Are ALL the foreign channels on the 95W? Is there a place we can see which channels is in what satellite?

Many thanks for your help.

Sergio

Are ALL the foreign channels on the 95W? Is there a place we can see which channels is in what satellite? Many thanks for your help. Sergio

Yes, when talking about the "International Package" per say, those are all on 95.0°W.

BUT - The DirecTV Para Todos package (some call it the Hispanic package) is on 119.0°W along with all the Hispanic music and:
450 Jade East Channel
451 Jade West Channel
452 Jadeworld Super Channel
453 Jadeworld Movie Channel
454 CCTV 4
455 CCTV 9
456 Phoenix Chinese North America

Located on 101.0°W
402 Univisión
404 Galavisión
422 EWTN
426 Gol TV
799 English Premier League Football
2027 - 2029 Cricket Ticket Package

I hope I haven't missed any. You can look HERE for satellite package information. For DirecTV satellites, click the next to the last column called "ChNo" for details.

Note that location 95.0°W, satellite Galaxy 3C has three details; we can't view the beam for DirecTV Brazil or Latin America here in the CONUS as a general rule. You would want to look at the same location, but for DirecTV USA.

Last edited:
Thank you, charper1. D* has announced that beginning in January they will add the Brazilian Globo and a soccer channel to it's international programming. I'm talking about the US Directv and not the South American one. I will call D* tomorrow and hope they use the 101 or 119. There is no way I can put a second dish on my balcony.

Thanks again

Sergio

Are ALL the foreign channels on the 95W? Is there a place we can see which channels is in what satellite?

http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html

Click on the DirecTV satellites & it will tell you all channels on a given satellite.
But, as others just told you, except for Spanish & some Chinese prog, all the rest of the foreign D* channels are on the 95W bird, as where new ones will probably go... ;)

I'm even more confused now. I spoke to D* and after few minutes waiting for a supervisor I was told that since I live in South Florida I will be able to receive the new Brazilian channel and all my existing American program with a SINGLE 5 LNB dish. For some strange reason, the guy didn't want to tell me in which satellite the Brazilian channel would be placed but he said that definetely I wouldn't need a second dish.

Does it make sense? Is there any difference if I live in Miami or Montana?

Sergio

Has anyone used a Superdish 105 FSS LNB for the Directv 95W channels? I'm trying to save money since I was a former DISH subscriber in the past. I would like to use the Superdish 105 FSS LNB with the Directv D10 receiver. Is it possible to use the DP34 switch as well since it has 22Khz tone? Are they interchangeable? I would appreciate any opinions.

Mister, you hijacked TWO threads !! How your question related to the TOPIC ?!

Bad beginning as a member here :(. Two first posts and both with violation site's rules. Tsk, Tsk ...

Thank you for your input!

I now know what to do with the DISH equipment. I'm not very savvy with technology. Thank you for the answer. :hatsoff:

I'm even more confused now. I spoke to D* and after few minutes waiting for a supervisor I was told that since I live in South Florida I will be able to receive the new Brazilian channel and all my existing American program with a SINGLE 5 LNB dish. For some strange reason, the guy didn't want to tell me in which satellite the Brazilian channel would be placed but he said that definetely I wouldn't need a second dish.

Does it make sense? Is there any difference if I live in Miami or Montana?

Sergio

What a big a@# lie, you need 2 dishes if you want HD and world direct programming and one dish if you just want regular programing along with world direct.

Has anyone used a Superdish 105 FSS LNB for the Directv 95W channels? I'm trying to save money since I was a former DISH subscriber in the past. I would like to use the Superdish 105 FSS LNB with the Directv D10 receiver. Is it possible to use the DP34 switch as well since it has 22Khz tone? Are they interchangeable? I would appreciate any opinions.

Nope, and can't use the DP switch.

Thank you, charper1. D* has announced that beginning in January they will add the Brazilian Globo and a soccer channel to it's international programming. I'm talking about the US Directv and not the South American one. I will call D* tomorrow and hope they use the 101 or 119. There is no way I can put a second dish on my balcony.

Thanks again

Sergio

You are going to need room on your balcony for the 95 dish. You may try a 30cm dish with the correct LNB, as long as you have the correct multi-switch.

Second Dish

I called last night to ask about that. the person didn't know when or how much the new Brazilain channels would be but she did confirm that I would need a new dish pointed at 95 (that they would instal for free). Darn it! I'd like to add that channel because then instead of paying $30 for the family package wich I don't watch, I'd be paying the same but getting the international channel. My problem is that I "moved" to the East coast in order to get the distant HD channel. I don't know if I want to risk "moving" back to California, then, after the instal of the new dish "move" back to the East coast! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)